What is a good car to build a good car audio system in?

rnalh5gh

Banned
ca
What is a good car to build a good car audio system in?

Im looking for a car that has good acoustics, placement options for speakers, and things like that for which I can install a great car audio system into. Speaking to experienced car audio installers, Im looking for things like for example, a car with a good trunk to bring out the low frequencies in the subwoofers, or something with the speakers placed in optimum positions for best sound. Know what I mean? Doesnt have to be newer, any year would do

well, a car with a closed trunk is about the worst for most system applications... besides that, just look for a hatchback, or suv... something with shared cab airspace

well, a car with a closed trunk is about the worst for most system applications... besides that, just look for a hatchback, or suv... something with shared cab airspace
Not true. You can fire subs into the cabin with good seals and keep gear/enclosure in the trunk. That works great, and dozens of SQ world champions would agree. You can also do trunk baffle systems that work great.

There is no "best vehicle" only great installations.

Great sound comes from the effort to customize. Most stock locations offer poor PLDs. all cars sound like tin cans until properly treated.

Look at the SQ lanes in MECA, IASCA, USACi and you notice all of the vehicles and equipment are different. The only common denominator is that each has hundreds of hours in install and tuning.

That said; a flat dash, plenty of kick panel space (no foot e-brake), no integrated head unit, and good path length to the kicks are helpful.

It should also be something you enjoy driving and satisfies you needs as a vehicle. The CRX and explorer fail that category for me.

I've heard great systems in just about every vehicle category.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.