What is a Good Alt

Call and talk to gus, Ohio Generator has OUTSTANDING customer service, they never mind your phone call and they explain everything you want to know in great detail. Plus there alternators come with a birthsheet and they are tested to prove total output before you recieve them. I do not know about any of the other companies, I heard good about Iraggi, but I heard a lot of bad about him too. The big thing is you get what you pay for like everyone else says.

Click Here

This is my alternator there is pictures and all take a look and read through. Hope this helps

Here are the pictures

Call and talk to gus, Ohio Generator has OUTSTANDING customer service, they never mind your phone call and they explain everything you want to know in great detail. Plus there alternators come with a birthsheet and they are tested to prove total output before you recieve them. I do not know about any of the other companies, I heard good about Iraggi, but I heard a lot of bad about him too. The big thing is you get what you pay for like everyone else says.
Click Here

This is my alternator there is pictures and all take a look and read through. Hope this helps

I need more than 140A but im gonna see what they can do for me.

Well mine is only 140 amps because its a misubishi alternator that has a tiny casing. They have plenty of alternators that produce 200 amps. Iraggi claimed he could build the alternator in my car for 200 amps, I was skeptical and when spending over 500 bux I wanted to make sure I was getting what I paid for.

Won't run anything but DC on my vehicles. STRONG alts and Robbie is great to deal with...

Don't cheap out and make sure you talk to each company and feel confident in your purchase.

Won't run anything but DC on my vehicles. STRONG alts and Robbie is great to deal with...
Don't cheap out and make sure you talk to each company and feel confident in your purchase.
Im waiting on a reply from DC power and Ohio Gen. As soon as i get a reply on what my options are ill post and see what the opinions are.

It appears that DC doesnt make alternators for Honda's. Thats kind of why I had to go with Ohio Gen. I guess I could have called them as well, but honestly I did not know about any of these other companies. All I know is Ohio gen has treated me right in fact I made a phone call to them the other day with a couple of questions and they were more than happy to answer them without a fuss. I work in the customer service industry so that is what sells me, along with a good product. Bottom line agreed with mistrass, do your research and find what you like.

i looked into the dc power alts. they make 3 for my truck (2000 chevy silverado 1500 v6)

the smallest one seems like it would be fine, if it puts out 140 at idle. the biggest does 180 at idle (which would be pretty super)

but the price from the smallest to the middle is a big step, but middle to best is like 50 bucks.. so its either the smalllest or largest alt...

would i need all that power?

right now i have an SAZ 2000d, and a total 200w rms for mids/highs/ so max 2500 watts if even.

over kill?

i guess what im wondering, is what deteriorates the alts?

the really wild comp alts, id be afraid of burning out. does that happen often?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SPLluminator

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
SPLluminator
GR, Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date