hearing distortion from subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

sciullo779
10+ year member

ok i have a new amp coming in today its a kicker zx500.1 and as far as gains go im worried that i wont be able to hear distortion because apparently i couldnt hear it when i was setting my old amp and my buddy heard it before me, i was going to unplug my amp for my highs and mids so only the sub amp would be playing but what exactly am i listening for? and should i use music or a test cd to set the gains?

i think hes referring to setting the gain by ear.

This is dangerous for most people because they dont know what to listen for and end up turning the gain way to high and clip the hell outta the signal.

basically you just listen until it sounds different. you will hear the same sound then at one point it will change "pitch" slightly idk its hard to describe but just use a dmm and you will be fine.

rmschartpm5-1.jpg

^ Use that with a DMM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.