What happend to my sound???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Falloutkid90
10+ year member

So I'm running two kicker amps (4 channel and a mono) I've had this set up for almost a year now.

Today, I'm driving listening to music on the way to work and music cuts off. No sound from the speakers or the subs. I'm thinking maybe the amp turn on wire behind the head unit came lose. After work, I remove the headunit and check the wiring everything is fine. I look see if I blew a fuse, ground came lose, all my wires are tight, but still nothing. I looked to see if the amps were getting power when I turned on the headunit. No power (the light on the amps didnt turn on).

When I installed the system, I didnt want to run two remote turn on wires so I ran the one from the headunit to the 4 ch then tapped into that one and ran it from that amp to my mono.

I dont know what to do any advice?

check if the remote wire is sending a signal to the amps, worth trying to reset the headunit. also check your inline fuses at your amp. try swap the remote wire to the mono amp first then onto the 4 channel, that shouldn't make any difference tho

check the remote signal at the amp

check if the remote wire is sending a signal to the amps, worth trying to reset the headunit. also check your inline fuses at your amp. try swap the remote wire to the mono amp first then onto the 4 channel, that shouldn't make any difference tho
check the remote signal at the amp
How do I check if they are getting signal? When I turned on the headunit they didnt power up like they should thats how I checked it earlier but I know there is probably a better way.

well the blue wire that goes into your amp.... does it have power going threw it when you turn your headunit on? does the pwr on the amp have pwr? is the ground solid and not loose or connected to paint.

disconnect the remote wire from your mono amp and just have it wired to the 4 chan, see if that works.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

try reset the headunit too

Ok so I checked removed the 4 ga (power and ground) from the distribution blocks and plugged it straight into the 4 ch also the remote wire. Still nothing. Weird thing is I tried to mess with the volume and my headunit wasnt responding at all. It was skipping all over the place. I tried to go to the eq settings and the headunit would just keep kicking me out. I think it may be the headunit but I'm going to try to reset the headunit but I doubt it will work because I took the headunit out and putting it back in last night. Do you think it may be the headunit and not the amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.