what gear oil do you recommend?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dleccord
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sacramento
i will be changing my gear oil for the first time in 9 years. just wondering what gear oil i should use for my rwd 1999 tacoma. thizzanks

DSC08090.jpg

yeah i saw the cheap stuff like Super-Tech at walmart. but they didnt carry the 75W-90.
advance/autozone carries 3 or 4 options, and any of them will be fine......i have rebuilt plenty of 3rd members and never had any problems using the cheap sh!t

After 9 years, I'd be cautious changing it. It should be ok, but if you start seeing metal shavings in it, tight down the bolt and top it off, and leave it be. Same goes for transmissions. Once they've shredded a bit, if you change the fluid, it often won't be long before the transmission goes to pot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.