What electrical will I need for a 3000 watt system?

Participant count
  • Participant list
It says in the owners manual 350 amp fuse rating. :whistle:

That is before box rise comes into play. I would suggest a 250+ amp alt and a group 31 rear AGM.
Lets say I get the second battery for the amp would I be able to wire it to the battery I have now? I’ve seen a lot of people say they gotta be matching batteries or close. Will I need an isolator?

Last edited:
Lets say I get the second battery for the amp would I be able to wire it to the battery I have now? I’ve seen a lot of people say they gotta be matching batteries or close. Will I need an isolator?

Well what battery do you have now? Is it a lead acid or an AGM? But yes you can. Its not always recommended to run lead acid batteries with AGM but it's actually fine. Just not ideal. No you don't need an isolator.

Stock vehicle electricals can normally support 1200-1500 watts rms.

How many real world amps it draws will depend on your box rise. Get a voltmeter and see what you are charging at and add electrical upgrades as needed. You can go big 3 and alternator or big 3 and AGM battery. Alternator route is superior but more costly. Battery route is a temporary band aid cheaper route just make sure you keep above 12.0 volts on your hardest bass drops.

Well what battery do you have now? Is it a lead acid or an AGM? But yes you can. Its not always recommended to run lead acid batteries with AGM but it's actually fine. Just not ideal. No you don't need an isolator.

Stock vehicle electricals can normally support 1200-1500 watts
How many real world amps it draws will depend on your box rise. Get a voltmeter and see what you are charging at and add electrical upgrades as needed. You can go big 3 and alternator or big 3 and AGM battery. Alternator route is superior but more costly. Battery route is a temporary band aid cheaper route just make sure you keep above 12.0 volts on your hardest bass drops.
Gotcha, will probably go battery route and get a volt meter. I did find a 250 amp Alt on Js Alternators for $289. I have no idea if it’s a really good source I’ve read bunch of reviews and I’d say it’s 75•/• good 25•/• bad. At that cost I could do it but just has me wondering if it’ll work or if it actually push out 250 amps. Have you ever heard of the company?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.