What door speaker options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spldecendant
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ny
I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee wj I'm looking to upgrade the door speakers and amp them but almost every speaker I look at the mounting depth is to much, I'm looking for loud door speakers with some sq? Options?

Add MDF spacers to each speaker allowing for a much deeper speaker to be used also giving the speakers a much tighter seal. Can use as lil as 1/4" up to whatever but member u must not go to big as then speakers will hit the door panels... How much deep you working with now?

Just to give u a pic to see what I mean. many people on hear can make them for you for next to nothing using any type of wood you prefer http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_20623_The-Install-Bay-SR6.html

Add MDF spacers to each speaker allowing for a much deeper speaker to be used also giving the speakers a much tighter seal. Can use as lil as 1/4" up to whatever but member u must not go to big as then speakers will hit the door panels... How much deep you working with now?

Just to give u a pic to see what I mean. many people on hear can make them for you for next to nothing using any type of wood you prefer Install Bay SR6 One Pair of 6-3/4" x 3/4" MDF Speaker Rings
Yea I though about this should work pretty well I just gotta measure for the door panel I guess I could always cut the grills on the panel if anything I was thinking of 4 crescendo pwx 6.5's and 4 of the flush cheap audiopipe super tweeters I just don't know how i would hook them up I guess I would have to get crossovers?

Yea I though about this should work pretty well I just gotta measure for the door panel I guess I could always cut the grills on the panel if anything I was thinking of 4 crescendo pwx 6.5's and 4 of the flush cheap audiopipe super tweeters I just don't know how i would hook them up I guess I would have to get crossovers?
Get an active six channel amp and some raw drivers like silver flute 6.5s. I hear sea prestige has good tweets, madisound has both.

People seem to like the nendos.. I'm not one of them but to each his own. I would really think about what tweets or supers, horns to go with.. I want use horns or mini super as I just don't like the sound they give off even with a solid eq to tame them. Thus why I stick with my trusty seas. Loud and still has great sq without much eq and with a solid eq can sound beautiful. I ran silver flutes from 09 till last year so for a solid cheap yet good sounding mid its hard to beat. Depends on what HU u have I prefer to run active via HU's over amps crossovers. So I would find a solid 4 channel and a good active capable HU and go from there..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.