what does the frequency knob do?

On my old Kicker KX850.2 I had one. It went from 20 to 200 so I set it at 75 since I was running 12" subs. Basically you turn the dial to where you want the cut off at. If you turn it to 80, it keeps the subs from playing frequencies above that which could possibly hurt your subs. You'll want to look up on the internet what you should set it to for your size subs. For instance, when using 12s its recommend for around 75. This is assuming that the amplifier you are talking about will be used for your subs.

On my old Kicker KX850.2 I had one. It went from 20 to 200 so I set it at 75 since I was running 12" subs. Basically you turn the dial to where you want the cut off at. If you turn it to 80, it won't play anything above that. You'll want to look up on the internet what you should set it to for your size subs. For instance, when using 12s its recommend for around 75. This is assuming that the amplifier you are talking about will be used for your subs.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif exactly who recommends that? i'd like to see this in print....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif exactly who recommends that? i'd like to see this in print....
Thats what I found on the internet and was told. That was like 2yrs ago though. I could be wrong. What is the recommended? I wanna make sure I'm not handing out bad info.

Thats what I found on the internet and was told. That was like 2yrs ago though. I could be wrong. What is the recommended? I wanna make sure I'm not handing out bad info.
that is bad info i'm afraid. that setting depends on a lot of different factors. it depends on the box, the sub, personal taste etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.