New RockFord Amp.. No sound! Help please!

Hey everyone, im new here as im sure you can tell.

i have a question in regards to me new amp.

i just purchsed a new Rockford fosgate amp, i made all the connections... ground, fuse.... etc, the Poew light is ON .. on top of the Amp... however, there is no sound comming out of the Subs!

i checked all the wires and connections, and everything looks good!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

all that i have is 2 12'' subs, and the new Amp to push 300BMR's ( or whatever) per speaker. i dont have the exact details of the amp, but if nessessary its not a problem.

the subs are to run off the radio, cd player... etc there is NO deck, it is the cars factory deck which cant be replaced. i know this set up is ok, the previous owner had his set up fine.

no fuses are poped, no burning smells... nothing.

music is fine, its just not playing thru the Subs. the Pos& Neg connections are corret also.

My previous AMP's Fuse kept poping! so i decided to get a new amp to check and see if it was the AMP or a Ground issue, appears to be the Old amp turnt to crap.

ANY feedback would be greatly appreceiated.

much thanks

GM

i will also let you know how everything worked out.

This makes nos SENSE!!!!

The subs are run off the radio, I have no deck, the current deck can't be replaced..

You say you have one, then you say you don;t, then you say you have once again.. Which is it?

Also why the hell would the subs be hooked up to the deck? They should be hooked up to the amp............

ok. lets do a refresher, sorry for not being clear, i see some of you have no patience lol

here's the situation.

Wiring Kit,

2 Subs,

New amp!

Wires... Battery Cable, hooked up, Battery to Amp

Ground wire ground, to amp

SUBS... connected from EXisting rear speakers, through the new subs, then to the POS & NEG Inputs on the Amp!

Fuses are Good

Amp shows it has Power!

nothing is "connected" to the Stock Deck.

i am not getting any MUSIC out of the Subs i put in the trunk.

as far as i see, everything is connected correctly...

the Amp is RockfordFosgate P400-2

there is only the " Pass-through/crossover" inputs, that do not have any connection so far.

Ultimate, there are cables that i bought to connect the Subs to the Rear Factory Speakers, from what im told will give me the sound from the Factory speakers to the New subs.

This makes nos SENSE!!!!
The subs are run off the radio, I have no deck, the current deck can't be replaced..

You say you have one, then you say you don;t, then you say you have once again.. Which is it?

Also why the hell would the subs be hooked up to the deck? They should be hooked up to the amp............
i never said i do,... i dont... try to understand better. there is a FACTORY DECK! that CANNOT be replaced.... PERIOD! for those who MAY ask what kind of Deck i have,.. it is FACTORY!! the ORIGINAL DECK FROM THE CAR MANUFACTUROR!

the subs are NOT hooked up to the deck. they are connected to the AMP, and to the EXISTING Rear Factory speakers.

please clarify the rear speaker/amp situation. Are you using a line output converter to get RCA inputs to your amp?

im not sure exactly what you mean,( im a Novice at this) but i will try to help you get the picture.

...... 15mins later. alright, my appologies.

i just went out again to take a look.

i noticed that the "RCA" cables that are wired to the Factory mounts, are NOT connected to anything else on the opposite end.

i assume they should be connected to the Amp where the "pass-through" inputs are? red&white (L/R) RCA inputs on the Amp ( as shown in the Pics of the link i posted)

i suppose this is my issue. tho i do not have time at this moment, it is just after 12:30am, i will try it out after work or early in the morning before i head out.

Ultimate, thanks for your patience and assistance, hopefully this is the problem. stupid me.

i will keep you all posted!

many thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fart.gif.9285a21c4a53b1a914c9dedbfcf9d894.gif

im not sure exactly what you mean,( im a Novice at this) but i will try to help you get the picture.
...... 15mins later. alright, my appologies.

i just went out again to take a look.

i noticed that the "RCA" cables that are wired to the Factory mounts, are NOT connected to anything else on the opposite end.

i assume they should be connected to the Amp where the "pass-through" inputs are? red&white (L/R) RCA inputs on the Amp ( as shown in the Pics of the link i posted)

i suppose this is my issue. tho i do not have time at this moment, it is just after 12:30am, i will try it out after work or early in the morning before i head out.

Ultimate, thanks for your patience and assistance, hopefully this is the problem. stupid me.

i will keep you all posted!

many thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fart.gif.9285a21c4a53b1a914c9dedbfcf9d894.gif
no you want those plugged into the input not pass through, that was your problem

ok so i wired the RCA ends to the Factory Speaker Harness in the Rear of the car.

and it works! great!

however, i find the "BUMP" from the subs to be weak. alot weaker than im used to hearing.

i played with the amp, but i dont think its the amp, im thinking that my problem is that the wires arent pulling enough juice?

RCA Cables:

they were cut in half because one end needed to be hard-wired, and the other Jacks were to plug into the amp itself.

Situation: IF i only plug either the Left or Right RCA cable in, i find the sound and "bump" from the corresponding Woofer is significantly increased!

it doesnt matter Left Nor Right Jack, same situation.

so i basically feel like im THERE at the end, but im inches from the goal line //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

any other suggestions? or something im doing wrong i can correct if anyone knows 100%

thanks

So where did you plug in the cut RCA wires to? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif (Picture would do wonders if you can)

Normally you use a line out converter to convert your rear speaker signal to an RCA input for your amp. That way you can plug the RCA cable right into the LOC and the other end into your amp.

So where did you plug in the cut RCA wires to? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif (Picture would do wonders if you can)
Normally you use a line out converter to convert your rear speaker signal to an RCA input for your amp. That way you can plug the RCA cable right into the LOC and the other end into your amp.
i was thinking to take a pic, but it was not looking like it would be too healpful, but maybe it will...

i will take one, and post it. or rather a FEW pics of everything to give you all an idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.