what does a box really effect ?

schrunk
10+ year member

iowa
Allright here is my delimia, I am going to get 3 12in perfects for my car but I have a few problems.

1)I cant find a online store that sells boxes for 3 12in subs that is sealed and has 3/4MDF or 1" MDF (Any suggestions?)

2)Does it really matter if you go up or down a little bit on how much airspace they recomend for a certain speaker? What does it effect?

3)will my JL 500/1 do these 3 subs justice

4) Is it even possible to wire 3 4ohm subs so that the final load will fall somewhere between the 1.5-4ohm range for JL amps?

Man if any of you guys could help me it would be so so so very much helpful. God bless anyone that can help me, ive been confused for so long

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

first for a box check out speakerhole.com they got good deals

second goin under wont make a huge difference but it will give youa different sound

third the amp should work fine

and fourth if the are dvc they should end up with a load of 2.67 but if the are svc it should higher but im not sure what it will be

hope this helps

I am guessing you want to go sealed with the Perfects (it will work the best with that type of sub).

I think they require 1.0 cu feet sealed? Making the box .9 to 1 cu ft, will give you a more tighter sound, best for techno, pop, and rock. It will also give you more cone control. Making the box about 1.1-1.2 cu ft. will give you a more loose sound and a better SQ sound. Larger sealed boxs are really good for roll-off's and sound quality like in classical music and where there are long notes. The volume of air is greater in the box, so the cone can flex more than if there were less air. Let's just say there will be a huge difference between a .8 and a 1.2 cu ft box. A smaller air space will mean the cone has to squeeze the air harder to move and a larger box the cone can more more freely because there is more room air to compact and it requires less pressure. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Speaker hole dosent have the size im looking for, are their any other places out their that have boxes like that?

Also will their be a difference between 5/8 MDF and 3/4 MDF?

Thanks again for your time guys!!!

If the subs are single voice coil you will get under a 1 ohm load if wired in series. My DVC wiring is a little shabby so ask someone at an audio shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.