What do you think of my first enclosure? (Ported)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Enemy5802

I have this enclosure tuned at 32hz, it's for a 12" subwoofer. Will be building this out of 3/4" mdf. Have no idea if i should use screws (predrill first) or wood glue. This is my first time making an enclosure and owning a car subwoofer. Port width is 2". Box has 16" height, 24" width, and i believe 12" length (end of subwoofer box)

I do not know which mono amplifier i should use but I will get to that once I am done building it.

I have this enclosure tuned at 32hz, it's for a 12" subwoofer. Will be building this out of 3/4" mdf. Have no idea if i should use screws (predrill first) or wood glue. This is my first time making an enclosure and owning a car subwoofer. Port width is 2". Box has 16" height, 24" width, and i believe 12" length (end of subwoofer box)
I do not know which mono amplifier i should use but I will get to that once I am done building it.
Both

I like that you use inventor. It is my primary modeling software as well. It looks like a good design. I can't attest to the tuning or specs but the design work is fine. I think a 2" port should be fine but you might consider making it a tad wider, then longer to compensate. A lot of users here might tell you to throw make each port corner 45 degrees as well.

I like that you use inventor. It is my primary modeling software as well. It looks like a good design. I can't attest to the tuning or specs but the design work is fine. I think a 2" port should be fine but you might consider making it a tad wider, then longer to compensate. A lot of users here might tell you to throw make each port corner 45 degrees as well.
Would 2.25" be sufficient? Will probably make it a little more wider too. & yes I have heard that doing so will improve air flow but I will definitely do that to every corner (as well as the port corners).

Would probably be a 'little' bit louder (and easier construction wise) to just run your port interior across the back rather than folding... Is the box not wide enough to accommodate the tuning you wanted?

Would probably be a 'little' bit louder (and easier construction wise) to just run your port interior across the back rather than folding... Is the box not wide enough to accommodate the tuning you wanted?
Are you suggesting that I make it L-Ported? If this does make it a little bit louder I most probably will do this.

What he said, easier construction, less bends. I don't think you will see much difference output wise, but IMO better of the two options, just double check your distance for the depth of the woofer.

The difference in output is probably less than a half decibel - (not really going to hear the difference), but the simplicity alone would be a reason to do an 'L' instead.

Unless your trying to fit a massively long port in there - not really any reason to fold it.

Are you suggesting that I make it L-Ported? If this does make it a little bit louder I most probably will do this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.