what do you think about ssl 1600.4 amp

**** well im still goin to give it a try if not i guess im doing the switch with my bro...although if it gets hot im goin to make holes around the top since i noticed that it has no way for air to get in or out of it ....maybe thats the reason for it to overheat

Take the bottom off lets see what makes these SSL amplifiers tick! Funny part about them the Cosmetics (heatsink) look Identical to the Focal and Powerbass ASA entery level amplifiers.

thats what i was about to say ....i decided to take off the bottom and check out how it was made,...and i found out that it has no panels like other amps for it too breath, the only ones it has are on the bottom panel and those were covered by some type of paper or some no air could come in or out with this so i decided to take them off and put it back like that... another thing i found is that unlike most amps, this amps outputs and resistors and all are all on top of the amp and not the bottom, so this gave me the idea that since hot air rises this wouldnt cause the hot air to stay inside with nowhere to go not even the bottom vents, if it over heats i will drill 4 holes on each side since i can't do em anywhere else because all the do hikeys are on top everywhere....maybe even do some on the sides so i can get some air flowing threw it ....i will try to see if this helps the amp from gettin over heated not that i have hooked it up already i just want to make sure it doesnt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

heres a pic of waht was in the vents ...

2ia5zwz.jpg

i took all of them off i just left that one for ya to see

35hptsx.jpg

thats what is on the inside

2hyhqht.jpg

update on the amp......didnt heat up and cut off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.