What do you guys think?

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
So I'm planning on piecing together my component set and was thinking about going with Vifa NE25VTS-04 1" Silk Dome Tweeter

and

Selenium 8W4P 8" Woofer

my only concern is I'm going to be running active with Q4-120 and the selenium woofers are 8ohms. will i run into any issues? Also do you guys think this will blend well with my sub stage which is 1 FIq12 ported at 32hz around 2.20^3 running off Q2200?

anybody? I'm confused as to is the selenium a mid bass or midrange, which is what i would need? or any recommendation aswell I'm open to options

would having 2 sets of each split the power in half? like having 4 tweeters and 4 midranges?
absolutely, if you have 120 watts per channel and 2 speakers per channel then 60 watts goes to each speaker, it wouldn't matter if the speakers were wired in series or parallel the power would still be split between them, now that you don't need speakers that require big power you can scale back and afford 2 pairs of 50W rms tweeters and the same or close with your woofers but the woofers will probably have closer to 60W rms ratings, you're just fine with 50W tweeters and 120 watts per channel because as the way "Trumpet" from Easy Way Electronics explained it to me i will try and explain to you.. the tweeters don't receive as much spectral energy as per say the woofer does, in a component set such as a 3-way triaxial speaker there is lot's of spectral energy in the lower frequencies and less spectral energy at the higher frequencies so the woofer would get the majority of the wattage then the midrange speaker would be next in line for a serving of power then whatever is left goes to the tweeter and everybody is happy with the amount of power they receive. Let's say we had a 120 watt channel, 60 watts might go to the low frequencies, 40 watts might go the mids and 20 watts to the tweeter, that's how it get's split up, the spectral energy get's distributed among the individual drivers according to frequency..

Having 2 sets of wires coming from each channel of the amp wouldn't change the impedance's of the speakers? my speakers would all still remain 4ohm? so four 4 ohm tweeters and four 4 ohm mid bass would all remain at 4 ohms and each channel would see 60rms?

Having 2 sets of wires coming from each channel of the amp wouldn't change the impedance's of the speakers? my speakers would all still remain 4ohm? so four 4 ohm tweeters and four 4 ohm mid bass would all remain at 4 ohms and each channel would see 60rms?
You don't run 2 pairs of wires from the amplifier, you run 1 pair to the first 6.5 then jump off that speaker to the other 6.5, + to + and - to -.

You don't run 2 pairs of wires from the amplifier, you run 1 pair to the first 6.5 then jump off that speaker to the other 6.5, + to + and - to -.
that will keep both speakers at 4 ohms? and the amp will stay at 4 ohm power aswell?

2 sets of 8 ohm Mids. Ran parallel the amp will see 4 ohms. 2 sets of 4 ohm Mids ran parallel the amp sees 2 ohms
so what i am looking for is 8 ohm mids and tweeters if i plan on having 2 sets of each? more speakers = louder music right?

that will keep both speakers at 4 ohms? and the amp will stay at 4 ohm power aswell?
Two 8ohm speakers in parallel = 4ohm load impedance.

Two 4ohm speakers in parallel = 2ohm load impedance.

Two 2ohm speakers in parallel = 1ohm load impedance.

Two 8ohm speakers in series = 16ohm load impedance.

Two 4ohm speakers in series = 8ohm load impedance.

Two 2ohm speakers in series = 4ohm load impedance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.