What do you guys think? Powered sub

675R
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Regular
US
if i buy any powered sub it'll be a bazooka tube given there history and proven performance throughout the years.hell my dad still has one in his truck and its old as hell but still keeps thumping

Sonic Electronix has the Infinity REF series on sale till end of Feb, a 12 svc4 is only $54 shipped. For the price you simply will not find a better performing sub new. This price is less than $10 more than what best buy employees can get them for through the manufacturer, which is how I got mine 2 years ago. That will leave you with $146 for enclosure, amp and wiring, which is perfectly doable.

Infinity Reference 1260W (REF1260W) 12" Single 4 ohm Subwoofer

If you have a jig saw and can operate a tape measure you can build a box for about $40.

Problem is. I'm that lazy. I just want something I can hook up outta the box without any problems. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

In that case you can find sealed boxes used for around $20 on craigslist or $40-50ish at a car audio shop.

This takes care of the amp/wiring: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29861_Crunch-P1-1000.2-Amplifier-Kit.html

Crunch amps are decent budget amps. I had a p1500.1 a couple years ago, sold it to a friend and its still working great today.

If you went with that sub and amp, you'd have 60 left for a box. If you search hard enough, someone might be willing to build you a custom ported box for that. That would be the best way to go for output and sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.