Sundown Sa 12 vs. Obsidian 12 vs. Skar vvx 12

Tbsh
10+ year member

Hai.
Okay so im going to be doing a new build since I just got some extra money:). So between these 3 subwoofers what is the main diffrenece? If I run any of these subs(2) they will be in a trunk setup with about 4.1-4.3 cubes tuned at 31 Hz. Powered by a MB Quart Onyx 1500D. With the given room and power which sub will perform the best? Also, I know they were made achieve diffrent things, which sub will get the loudest? Which sub will get the lowest? And which sub will be at its optimal level with the power its going to be ran off of? What are the MAIN diffreneces between these subs?? Also open to suggestions... Have to be 12s btw.

Thanks

I know sorry I know all the companies mentioned make great subwoofers though, just wanna find the optimal one with the given specs

They are somewhat similar, the surrounds are different in a warmer climate it wont be as noticeable as a colder one like mine in MI(rubber/foam). My opinion is that the SA will take the most power of them all, but all of them will handle your 1500D fine.

So if you have the extra money the SA is best IMO. But for your situation what ever one is cheapest will give you the most bang for the buck as they are pretty close

BTW this has been asked over and over again on multiple forums

I chose SA since I live in MI, they have foam surrounds and I wanted to throw a 2200D at them safely

Yeah i saw it was asked before but im just asking for what would be best in my situation room,power, etc.. Thanks for the reply

The best IMO is the Sundown

but if your not going to throw more power at it and since you live in a warm place, you wont notice any difference compared to the others

So get the one that fits your needs,for price, looks, nuthugging, ect.. they will all sound good and hit hard

Nuthugging lol, Well is there any other subs that would be just as good if not better in the same price range? I can spend about 250 per sub.. The only reason I chose any of these subs was because I always hear good stuff about them. If you have any suggestions please say them besides the 3 posted already

i got an oa 15 and i like it. i think the skar and oa would hit lowest. the oa is also a musical sub so has pretty good sq. but the oa like 3.5 cubes each. skars like a little smaller box. and i think the sa's like even smaller. so id go with the sa or skar for your situation sa takes like 1.5 cubes each ported. skar does like 2.5 cubed??? don't quote me on the skar cuz i can't remember exactly. I'm not dissing oa by not recommending it for your build i think it just needs a little more space to truly shine. plus the skar would best match ur amp. the sa and oa are both underrated. the oa can take 1000 rms easy. but I'm not sure how underrated the sa is. the skar is underrated some but not as much as the others. so finally concluding get the skar it will do best in your box size and the power you are going to give it plus it will hit low. maybe consider tuning it to 30 or 29. they sound great tuned low. hope this helps some.

I want to run dc but the level 3 is around 100 more than the sa and skar. I'm not a nuthugger and have never tried either product. But you can likely find sa 12s in the classifieds and save money. I will prolly get a single sa. Or the skar. Or the dc. Or the .... just pick one and you can't go wrong and each have their strengths (from what I've been told and read)

if I were you, i'd try to get the box a little bit bigger if you're runnin' SA's. I have 2 in a 3.8 @ 28hz on a SAZ1500d. And as stated above, try and bring that tuning down a few hz, from my experience so far, the SA's love gettin real low

yeah they are all solid subs tho. i was looking at the dc but the price was too much for my budget build. but if your are trying to run 2 of whatever u pick off a mb quart 1500 the dc won't be getting all the power it wants. same with the oa. the sa and skar would do okay i guess. my friend is putting to sa 8s on a saz 1500d and it should do well.

if I were you, i'd try to get the box a little bit bigger if you're runnin' SA's. I have 2 in a 3.8 @ 28hz on a SAZ1500d. And as stated above, try and bring that tuning down a few hz, from my experience so far, the SA's love gettin real low
this would also do very well.

i wasn't sure exactly what the sundown did. i thought they were both underrated, but i thought the sundown did a little better. i know that the oa was very underrated tho.

Just some comparison pics:

efbada48.jpg

869c9094.jpg

Soft parts are not the same. Suspension is a lot softer on the SKAR than the SA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.