What do you guys think on the SX15

Fosgate Forever
10+ year member

USSD
ive been gone for a while, anywho i trashed my type x in an accident and its time for a new one, i was thinking of getting a sx 15, how do they do on SQ and do they get low, buddy is a dealer for RE and said he can get me one with a box for 350 whats your views on the sub, many thanks in advance

1) Search 2) Use punctuation 3) Search again...
Very very true this sub has been talked about in this same way many times...

But as for $350 its not bad but u could find an SX on the forums for cheaper.

yes im getting the sub and box for 350,anywho i like SQ mostly how does it compare in SQ compared to the type x ?
eh about the same IMO .. The SX with a box for 350 isnt too bad, depending if you dont get a junky prefab. I mean, dont get me wrong, there are some good prefabs and there are definately some crappy ones.

i had 2 of the.

sq= eh, not very good. at least compared to my friends xxx

btw, 350 aint bad for a 15 "sx. however scott from Fi (who designed the re subs) said the Fi SSD is basically the exact same woofer as the sx except handles power better. its $274 with ALL options and bonuses. which leaves you almost $100. say $30 for the box, and you basically save 70 bucks at the end of the day. even more if you dont get it fully loaded. just my .02c as ive never used an ssd.

edit: actually you cant have both flatwind coil and copper coil options. so it will work like this Fi 15" SSD

bp power + flatwind coil = 269

bp power + copper coil = 254

hell id buy the FI just because it WASN'T RE audio getting my money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

and if you ever blow the SX, you'll still be calling FI for a recone anyways....since RE is out of their mind on recone prices...... so just get an FI now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

sq= eh, not very good. at least compared to my friends xxx
however scott from Fi (who designed the re subs) said the Fi SSD is basically the exact same woofer as the sx except handles power better.
Link to where Scott said that please. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

And I agree that the SX really didnt impress me with its SQ. meh

My brother has been running an SX for quite some time and we've experimented with many enclosures and powers. It's loud as balls, but the SQ is not that great IMO. Many better sounding drivers out there.

Link to where Scott said that please. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
And I agree that the SX really didnt impress me with its SQ. meh
heres the quote saying that with the flatwind option, it has the same cone, spiders, and coil. uses 1 less magnet however.

"Originally Posted by Scott Atwell

The SX line is similar to the SSD line with the flatwind coil option (same cone, spiders, and coil when the flatwind option is added in). It uses 1 less magnet, but has similar motor strength. The BL in standard form can take more physical abuse than the SX can due to the increase number of spiders in the pack. Then it can be upgraded with options from there.

SXs are rated at 1000W RMS. I would never be able to make them take 2500W on a daily basis... SPL yes, but daily they simple dont have the thermal capacity (or mechanical) to do so. We really dont recommend our top line BTL for more than 2500W daily for most applications as well (although everyone seems to push them with more than that)."

The SX is a fine sub, the SQ is lacking a bit, but it seems to make up for it by getting loud.

Also they can't handle 2500rms for very long.

If you do get one, make sure that you have a decent sized enclosure, they sound (odd) in a box thats too small.

With a good sized ported box they have no problem hitting the low notes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.