What do you guys think of this box?

rbtrucking
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I had a custom box built by a guy I found in my area. He has amazing prices and I love the box I just wanted to know what some of the pro's thought. The specs are 1" baffle , spine bracing tuned to 35hz. shared enclosure. Except for front baffle all wood is 3/4mdf If ya like what ya see and your located in Connecticut the name of the guys company is 187 audio. Very nice guy I would highly recommend him! Here are some pics of the build. Let me know what you guys think.

Its sure does look nice but what does it sound like??? Also how many cf is that bad boy? Oh I just noticed why did they not use 45's????
3.5 cubic feet after port and spine displacement. It sounds amazing. By far the best box I have ever had. First custom though I have had about 4 prefabs. Heavy as hell too. This is actually pretty plain compared to what this guy has done. I urge you all to go check out 187audio.net and see the products page. Some of his boxes are just insane! Also what do you mean by 45's? Not familiar with that.

Some swear by 45's some say its no big deal. All I know is I built 2 of the same exact same size boxes for the same subs. First one I did not use 45's cause I like u did not know what they were. Second box I used 45's and there was a difference. Reason the second box was built was due to port noise...

Ahh I see. Well I gotta say I never hear port noise and I have played it with the trunk open standing right near it to demo it for people I never hear any port noise. In the car either. Also let me tell you guys this box is solid i put a nickel on it standing up and played a heavy bass track it did not even fall over. I had a prefab once I was testing it out and i just put my amp on top of it because I didn't want to screw it down until I heard how it sounded. The box flexed soo bad that the amp fell off and cracked my dust cap.

Hey if you are happy with it then thats all that matters. Now go rattle something..
I sure am I just wanted to hear the opinion of people who have allot of experience with box builds. I really have none, that's why I was curious.

Looks like a proper box should be built nothing special just a properly built box. Who cares what these experts say on this site they dnt know anything anyways LOL... I am just kidding e1

Ya the reason it looks a little plain is because I couldn't afford all the extras i had a limited budget. I hope everyone noticed the raised Diamond audio symbol on top. O ya I don't have pictures of the back but he also put 4 terminals instead of the usual 2 since the subs are dvc to make it easier if I ever wanna change the wiring without having to pull the subs! The terminals accept up to 8 gauge wire! He has terminals that accept up to 4 gauge as well!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.