Best router for cutting circles

Get a plunge router...lots easier than a non plunge for cutting circles

porter cables are alway good, I have a craftsman from sears that's going strong for 3+ years

Iirc, he is waiting for his protos to be put to hard use to see if they need any tweaks, then he will do production runs.
I had planned on getting one of those when they are ready, I just didnt no if his would be fully universal or not..

It will work with 90% of routers....odd oned like Freud will need an adapter of some sort. Porter Cable will be a definite fit....seeing as the Jasper was designed to fit it, and toolmakers is designed same as the Jasper.

my craftsman plunge router works great but the cuts are more dependent on the bit than the router. no matter what router you get, get good quality bits.
What kind of bits do you use?

Sorry in advance about bumping didn't really feel like making another thread.

Is it harder to use a router on birch ply than it is MDF? What's a good circle jig? And what is an inexpensive router that will work well?

craftmans has some that are under $100 for a plunge base and they are pretty good. Birch is easier on them in my experiences and the circle jig is personal preference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.