What do you guys think about this headunit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crownvicon28s
10+ year member

God 1st
Thats better then a Jenson. What's your budget? Are you trying to get a HU that everyone else has? If thats the case, go for an Eclipse. One of the best HU's out there

Don't know about that Jensen personally, but I work at BB selling audio, so I have to deal with our Jensen flip outs on a regular basis and I can tell you that in general, the Jensen units are much flimsier and cheaply made when comparing them to our Kenwood and Pioneer flip outs. They all feel flimsy, so being able to distinguish that it's cheaper than the other units is a big negative. Clarion=much better choice.

Thats better then a Jenson. What's your budget? Are you trying to get a HU that everyone else has? If thats the case, go for an Eclipse. One of the best HU's out there
Nah I don't really care about what anyone else has. My budget is around 3 to 4 hundred. I need a flipout to run other screens in my car.

I actually have a jensen in my Tundra and actually I like it, does what I need it to do. Ive had mine for 3-4 years with out any problems.

egg

I actually have a jensen in my Tundra and actually I like it, does what I need it to do. Ive had mine for 3-4 years with out any problems.
egg
Im sure there are people out there that has luck with them, but for $30 more, you can get a very nice, top of the line, Eclipse AVN7000. The day someone would pick a Jensen HU over an Eclipse HU is the day I need to get out of car audio

Im sure there are people out there that has luck with them, but for $30 more, you can get a very nice, top of the line, Eclipse AVN7000. The day someone would pick a Jensen HU over an Eclipse HU is the day I need to get out of car audio
x2 but mine was alot cheaper than the one he listed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

egg

x2 but mine was alot cheaper than the one he listed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
egg
Im sure it is. I was trying to compare apples to apples for him.

The one he listed is for $369 and thats his price range. Im not a big fan of flip out screens. I'd prefer a HU over a screen just due to the fact that most flip out screens have limited EQ's. Even the Eclipse unit I suggested only has a 7 Band EQ. I'd like to see more EQ bands on the flip out units without jumping to the $1k mark

You can find the Eclipse AVN7000 for $399 with free shipping on ebay.
ECLIPSE HDD Navigation System with 7inch Wide TFT Display and DVD/MS Multi-Source Receiver AVN7000 | Fujitsu Ten

8 Volt pre outs

7" Touch Screen

One of the best Navigation software on the market and it can be uploaded with new maps

20GB hard drive

7 Band EQ

Dolby Digital for DVD's

Check this out ECLIPSE AVN7000 7" LCD GPS NAVIGATION DVD/CD/MP3 PLAYER - eBay (item 360349335117 end time Apr-03-11 11:29:19 PDT)
So clarion nz500 or eclipse avn7000? I can get that eclipse for $350 but its refurbished. I can get the clarion new for $415 and it has bluetooth.

Both a very good flip downs.

Clarion has 3 sets of 2Volt RCA outputs

Eclipse has 3 sets of 8 Volt RCA outputs

Not sure how many bands the Clarion has on its Equalizer. I cant seem to find it

Both a very good flip downs.
Clarion has 3 sets of 2Volt RCA outputs

Eclipse has 3 sets of 8 Volt RCA outputs

Not sure how many bands the Clarion has on its Equalizer. I cant seem to find it
pre amp voltage is not that big of a deal. I have an external eq. The clarion doesn't have an eq, which is no big deal. The eclipse doesn't come with a remote, that *****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.