sd card help

Participant count
  • Participant list

lilsolo68
10+ year member

wut up. i have a sdhc 8gb card that i am wanting to load with pic vids movies and music to playback from my pioneer avh-p4200dvd. problem is when i load it up and try to play it back nothing happens. the only thing that is read are the pics. do i have to use a cetain program and/or convert the files.

i know i can be done but for some reason its not working. i think ill try to load the music on there from windows media player or itunes(per operation manual) but i dont know what program i can use to load the videos and movies.

you might try reformatting the card, and so it doesnt take forever to read try loading one song on the blank sdhc and then try it with one movie, also i dont think the unit will read .wmv files

got the music to work. just loaded the card from wmplayer. just downloaded avs video converter and in the process of converting a movie. will report back later if it works or not

you have to turn on show file extensions, open my documents>tools>folder options>view then uncheck the hide extensions for known file types

I know it will read .avi files from a dvd and from a jump drive

hey lilsolo do me a huge favor, turn ur hu on a change the source from like radio to usd or sd and turn your volume up while it is attempting to read the device and let me know if you can hear anything, turn the volume up to like 30 but turn it back down before the music or whatever starts playing

hey lilsolo do me a huge favor, turn ur hu on a change the source from like radio to usd or sd and turn your volume up while it is attempting to read the device and let me know if you can hear anything, turn the volume up to like 30 but turn it back down before the music or whatever starts playing
i hear that annoying hissing sound

try converting them to the files that can be played on it..
i tried it but the converter has so many side options that its hard to find the right one. ill keep trying but i also downloaded the divx converter so i will try that one as well.

ok so the avs converter had too many options and i didnt know which one to use so in case anyone else needs this info.......DivX Plus Player FTMFW!.......got everything converted and playing it from my head unit (avh-p4200dvd). oh yeah heres the link to the free download

DivX – Play DivX, AVI MKV videos on computers and devices | DivX.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.