What do i do with this "3" channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

mysilver02alty
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Only 3 channels of the 4 work on my amp. Its US Amps 75x4.

i was gonna run 2 channels to my 2 rear speakers.

That 3rd channel, what can i do with it??

I dont have anywhere to mount a 3rd speaker in my rear deck and the rear doors cant fit speakers. I was thinking a tweeter mounted in my head liner or maybe a horn or maybe one midrange somewhere else in the car.

Any creative ideas guys??

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-Amps-AX4300-4-Channel-Amplifier-ONLY-195_W0QQitemZ280076956861QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

By the way, someone told me that if i bridge this amp, even though one channel is out, i would still get the 180x2 @ 4 ohms output. Is this not true?

its specs are 75x4 @ 4 ohm

90x4 @ 2 ohms

180x2 @ 4 ohms

hook it to your nutsac and see if the 4th channel works ;]

no seriously, if one channel is blown, chances are another is closely behind. id worry about the life of the amp over what you are gonna do with her.

sigh. good amp. too bad it is busted.

get it fixed...
i'd rather just move on and sell it to someone who can fix it themselves and wants to get a good deal. You really think its gonna set my car on fire lol??

I could get a new one with the insurance check, yeahhh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.