What components would you buy for $1000 or less. Zapco,Focal, or what?

GregU
10+ year member

Oldschool
$1000 budget

Needs to include 2 6.5" component sets and one 4 channel amp. Question is which brand? I'm new to SQL and I'm not familiar with what brands are best for SQL, I used to be an SPL dude. I was looking at Focal, MB Quart, Diamond, and Zapco. I would like a 4 channel amp putting out about 75RMSx4. As of now, I have a 2008 Scion TC with a JL13w3v3 in a sealed enclosure, 1.85Ft3, running off of a JL 500/1v2.

Any suggestions?

I also have a scion tc 2006, I'm passive right now with cdt 62i-6.75 mids with a set of home large format tweeters in my pillars. my sub is a 12w6v2-amp 500/1 which i'm about to port

you can buy focal,zapco,diamond etc, but i've been over to diyma web site & if you want to find out the best sound for the best price the guys probably will be able guide you in the right direction.

that focal amp is pretty nice

5 sets of Cadence CVLS4 sets of JBL GTIs

that would be my top two choices for that budget...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'm thinking he wants SQL, which is already has the sub.

Hey GREG U if your going for 6.5 or larger in the stock location the deepest depth would ba around 3.25 & thats with spacer rings up to 1.25inches after you put back on the door panels.

You can also go active with Hybrid Audio, they are having some type of sell going on right now.

I might try the hybid L8 mids for the trade in price that's going on.

you can call Scott / hear is hybrid forumhttp://www.buwaldahybrids.com/phpBB3/index.php

or yo could look in mach audo mids or image dynamics oem mids which some guy on diyma is selling which many of the guys are raving about.

I'm thinking he wants SQL, which is already has the sub.Hey GREG U if your going for 6.5 or larger in the stock location the deepest depth would ba around 3.25 & thats with spacer rings up to 1.25inches after you put back on the door panels.

You can also go active with Hybrid Audio, they are having some type of sell going on right now.

I might try the hybid L8 mids for the trade in price that's going on.

you can call Scott / hear is hybrid forumhttp://www.buwaldahybrids.com/phpBB3/index.php

or yo could look in mach audo mids or image dynamics oem mids which some guy on diyma is selling which many of the guys are raving about.

I have spoken with the ownder of Hybrid Audio and he really knows his stuff when it comes to his products. Def the way to go if you decide to go active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.