Help with Morel Tempo 6's

mark871214
10+ year member

texas
Well i got these and a Sundown SAX 125.2 installed yesterday and they sound great. But i am just curious to how loud these will go. It scares me a little when i turn them up and hear all that bass coming from my doors, so i back down a little. It doesnt sound bad at all but they way my luck has been going lately im just not sure if i want to keep turning it up. They have the gain set to around 60% and i usually listen to my music at around 25 of 40 on my AVH 4000dvd. Should i bump up the gain or the volume a little bit or should i just keep things where there at? Mind you that this is my first component system ive ever listen to so im not sure what to be listening for.

Set your gains w/ a DMM. Disconnect the speakers from the amp. Play a 1KHz test tone @ ~28 volume. And set your gain to 22v on the DMM.

Then you can be rest assured clean output from 0-28 volume (if significant EQing or boasting hasn't been done after this).

Set the gains by ear has always been my method for mids and highs. What amp are you using? If those Morel's can take the power your amp can put out, set the gain until you can hear a bit of distortion, then back down a bit below it. That's how a ton of people do it.

I set gains with DMM for my PG RSD's (Granted I was setting them to 160W) and they smoked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Then set it by ear and they survived //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Just listen for the woofer bottoming out or distortion.

lower your gain on amp,xover your speakers at least 80hz.
80hz is a good cookie cutter safe-point, but some mids can play well below. I cross mine at 63hz for the most part, 50hz on some music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.