What brands are not Made In China these days?

Speaking of working tomorrow and Chinese food, right after posting this, I got a call from the Chinese restaurant that I worked at for like a day to come in tomorrow. lulz
thats funny **** bro, we wuz jus talkin bout dem *****es da otha day.

thats funny **** bro, we wuz jus talkin bout dem *****es da otha day.
Tomorrow I have my second interview at Meijer, and if I end up getting the job there (most likely will) I'll have to wait a week for the background check to come in so they can hire me; so I'll need some cash to get me through next week. Every little bit helps, amirite?

Tomorrow I have my second interview at Meijer, and if I end up getting the job there (most likely will) I'll have to wait a week for the background check to come in so they can hire me; so I'll need some cash to get me through next week. Every little bit helps, amirite?
you wright cuz u wright.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif i know the diff between right and wright. just puttin it out there...

umm i have been around along time and bought alot of made in the usa amps and subs over the yrs when $1.00 a watt was a good deal.

i have korean and cjina amps because what amp over 2krms is made in the usa?

BTW I'd take foreign engineering over American engineering any day... I deal with American engineering on a daily basis and my common sense is usually better than the American engineering, even though our engineers make twice what I make. When I'm pounding out the part I've got a lot better idea of what needs to be done than an engineer sitting in an office that comes out once a week to see if everything is working "properly."
Ive been on the other end of it (the engineer designing the part you are making), and Ive worked with a 100 guys just like you. The guy on the floor running the mill/lathe, or the guy bolting the pieces together, second guessing the design and thinking they could have done so much better. Yeah, once the part is made, being made, or being assembled, its easy to find flaws in the design. Try doing it when that part is still just lines on a computer screen. Or, better yet, try designing the part/assembly from scratch, starting with a blank screen. Much much harder.

Ive called out a few guys who made noise like you ("I could have designed this better blah blah blah"). One guy designed a part with a square hole (virtually impossible to make), one guy designed a part that would have cost like $10k to produce, one guy designed a part that completely interfered with another part of the machine, and several guys who wouldn't even bother trying. Hindsight is 20/20, and the guys on the manufacturing floor have the luxury of seeing a design almost completely from the perspective of hindsight. The smart ones realize this, the young cocky ones think they are just that fucking smart.

I once worked for an American manufacturing company that was owned by a German manufacturing company. We use to get partially assembled machines from a German facility that we were then tasked with completing for a local (American) customer. I could tell you horror stories of mistakes, over complication, and heavily over engineered components and whole assemblies. Does this mean German engineering ***** too? Your ability to over generalize things must make you feel pretty smart, huh?

I think people need to get over the 'Made in China' mentality. Manufacturing processes cost substantially more in the U.S. than overseas. Its a fact. The economy of this country has made this all possible, bascially because we went from being a buch of people that pissed money away right and left to now being a bunch of cheapasses because everyone finally realized they didn't have money to spend anymore. Thats why car audio brands right and left went belly up along with hundreds if not thousands of shops. I really get aggrivated when people complain about this, because its everyones fault. USA based companys are NOT overcharging you, they have to make a profit, and if they can't make a profit, they don't stay in business. When car audio was actually a profitable industry, you couldn't just be some dude that went on ebay and bought an amp for $1 over dealer cost and expected to get it installed for $.10, you had to go to a shop and pay retail, and thats the way it was, you know, capitalism??

The internet, and the economy ****** all of the money out of this industry and now the dust has settled, you get china, or you pay big bucks for the handfull of companies that actually somehow still scrape by. Now that being said, technology has came a long way, made in USA doesn't mean what it used to. It really comes down to the factory that makes it, there is genuine quality product that comes out of china, and there is junk too. All it takes is a little common sense to figure out the difference.

Now, i have a small shop, we charge fair prices, one thing i have to say to anyone who is looking for someone to install their product that they just snagged on ebay for dirt cheap, you are paying for our labor for an installation, i get it all day long, we drop our prices to insanely barely scraping by levels, and people STILL think its not cheap enough, by comparison what we charge is not even 1/4 of what you would pay for back in the day. All i have to say is take care of your local boys, and don't act like we should work for free. One day you might not have that shop on the corner who has someone who actually KNOWS what they are doing, and you might have to settle with best buy if you don't support us.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...