What AWG is needed for @400amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

diehappy
10+ year member

So, I had an audio shop setup my system. I paid them to do it and figured they would run what was needed.

I have a Audio Control 6x1200 and a Taramp Smart 3k. The alternator is CES 370amp.
They ran 1/0 CCA with a 300amp fuse.

I know or feel this isn't good enough. I bought a Limitless Cyber 6k to put in the vehicle. I will bypass the stock battery and run off the limitless. I was wondering what I should replace the wire with and fuse. I will probably run the wire into truck/limitless. Then take off that to the amps. I was also thinking of leaving the 1/0 in place and connecting that to the stock battery from the limitless but removing the negative from the stock battery and leaving that in place for backup. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Should the fuse be upgraded as well if the alternator is capable of up to 370? Sorry if questions seem dumb. I have done some research I just like making sure best i can from experienced people. Thanks

Yes. I would put a 375 or 400 amp fuse in after upgrading the wire. Not at all your questions are perfectly fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.