What are some very good speaker brands?

I agree. I wish I could try both.
Ha! Don't we all. I know you're probably stuck on those 2, but I've been doing a lot of reading on a single 15" for myself or one of my buddies and a lot of people have pointed out the havoc to be a musical sub that blends well and boasts good output.

You are super full of what ifs. How many top cars do you think are daily drivers, leave equipment in for more than a few months
Truth is HT drivers are designed for home audio. You can't argue that fact. They are made to be in sealed enclosures.
You might be surprised with some of the cars. My truck (before it was no more) was my daily driver and you see what I ran inside of it. Those ran great the entire time and I never had an issue.

most of the competition level SQ cars ran scanspeak relevators. In my ears, they meet the hype very well. Much better sounding than the hertz, focal cars who were their competition.
I would be curious which cars you listened to with Focal in them. I know at World Finals, when I went, that about 80-90% of the winning cars seemed to run Focal.

It's all about having the next big thing. Even though it's mostly the same as the last big thing.

Just like amps, woofers. When you get to a point there are not that many differences. Some will be louder, some more detailed. But each of those has to give up something. With a good tune you won't be able to tell which is which.

When done properly, installation & tuning play a huge part in getting good sound. My next car will have inexpensive midbass, midrange, & tweeters. The midrange drivers & tweeters come in at $70. Want to see what I can get out of that system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.