What are some very good speaker brands?

At least 3 of the top SQ cars had it that way, didn't talk to anyone about durability, just sound. Something's gotta give at some point. I believe besides the paper fiber cone, scanspeak also makes wool fiber cones, not sure if that's more resilient. They'll also be in direct sunlight if the sun is really low. From other angles, it's covered by the pod and/or car's roof.
You are super full of what ifs. How many top cars do you think are daily drivers, leave equipment in for more than a few months

Truth is HT drivers are designed for home audio. You can't argue that fact. They are made to be in sealed enclosures.

You are super full of what ifs. How many top cars do you think are daily drivers, leave equipment in for more than a few months
Truth is HT drivers are designed for home audio. You can't argue that fact. They are made to be in sealed enclosures.
The question asked was what are good speaker brands. I believe that question has been answered. If you're looking to argue, find someone else.

Ok. So we are agreeing that HT speakers are good sounding and can be successfully used in cars, but people need to be aware of their susceptibility to damage due to the elements.
Only when used within the limits of using them in not designed conditions. Mainly freq range. Upper mid range. People typically don't expect good mid bass out of HT drivers since they need enclosures to produce it as designed. At the price point of good for audio HT drivers you can get car drivers that have stonger 80hz plus output.

All of the test where HT drivers do well was tested in a HT environment

I've done more research and I've narrowed it down to focal and CDT, does anyone have experience with either? The CDT speakers don't seem to not be as popular as the focals so they don't have many reviews. People say focals are too harsh but that might just be the lower end.

I've done more research and I've narrowed it down to focal and CDT, does anyone have experience with either? The CDT speakers don't seem to not be as popular as the focals so they don't have many reviews. People say focals are too harsh but that might just be the lower end.
I wouldn't call CDT high end.

You can get a $3000 of Focal Be and slap them in a door and it will sound horrible

We can tell you what to buy all day, does not mean you will like what we like.

I can say the more you typically spend the more you will get if you put time into the install.

[quote name='FuckPeteCarroll']I've done more research and I've narrowed it down to focal and CDT, does anyone have experience with either? The CDT speakers don't seem to not be as popular as the focals so they don't have many reviews. People say focals are too harsh but that might just be the lower end.[/QUOTE]

We're one of 3 CDT dealers on this site alone, and out of my personal sales to this forum most of those buyers are not active members. Some of them may have never posted at all. Focal has a much stronger retail dealer presence, plus Crutchfield is known to have sold a large volume of Focal inventory over the years as well. Both Focal and CDT have several lines of speakers, and that means they can't all be winners, especially when people have different preferences. I can tell you CDT has a lot of different woofers, tweeters, and midrange drivers and their selection is quite large. @mylows10 and @Vertex Audio are CDT dealers in your state, so I recommend you have a conversation with them.

I would be willing to spend a bit more than $500
As I understand it, you'll spend most of that on CLD and MLV and CCF and sealing up your door and panel, otherwise scanspeak and pyramid will sound eerily similar.

*edit: I see you've already conquered the door treatments. Move along. Nothing to see here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

CHAD

I've been running Scan-Speak Revs for almost a year and a half in my doors. I opted to keep the factory mounts in place as they seem to provide adequate protection from moisture. I modified them to fit the the drivers & properly treated the doors. I was a bit apprehensive as I've heard mix reviews of them in IB door installs. I installed them & haven't looked back. I ran them with a Hertz Mille tweeter at first and really enjoyed this combination. The Revelators are very smooth sounding drivers that provide very good midbass response. I previously had a set of Audison Voce drivers....in my application, the scans sound much better.

As for the Mille Tweeter, while I really enjoyed it, I had to take them out. I had them on some pods on the A-pillars near the dash and windshield. They were damaged from the heat in this location. Hertz sent me out new tweeters, but I didn't want to damage them again. I ended up going with some Scan Illuminators in this location & have had no further issues. Go figure...the HT tweeters were able to take the heat, whereas the car specific tweeter was not. Hertz provided great customer support I have to say.

You never know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I really liked the Hertz ML280's, but after installing the Scan Ring Radiator tweeters, I didn't miss them. The only thing about it is that they have to be on-axis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.