What amp to chose?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Propel152

Ok, so i'm in the market to buy an amp for my mids and highs. I'm running a set of components in the front and midrange speaker in the rear. I already have a separate amp for my sub. I'm looking for an educated opinion on what would be a good quality amp for my speakers. I would like to go with a class A/B amp. I know there are arguments over what class to chose but after doing my research its seems that most reputable companies choose A/B class in their high end products. Focal,pioneer,helix,jl audio and many more. I just don't know what would be my best quality amp for the money. I am looking for ultimate sound quality and clarity. I do plan on purchasing a higher powered amp and turn the gains to around 50% of their capability for better efficiency and sound quality. I will be running 2ohm conponents. They are JBL p660c. They recommend 90 watts rms per side. So, would like to get an amp with about 150-180 watt output per channel at 2ohms and I would need an amp that is 2ohm capable and friendly. I have looked at Boston Acoustics GT4100 series, Diamond Audio D6-700.4,Rockford Fosgate T600.4,Sundown SAX 125.4, and SoundQubed Q4-120, and also Helix. I would really appreciate anybody's input that either owned one of these or is technically educated on this to give me some direction on what to buy. I would like to stay within the $500 range if possible. I am no expert so I stand to be corrected if my perspective on this set up is incorrect. It's just the way I thought would be best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.