Such thing as too much headroom?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So hey, I have JBL P660C 90w RMS @ 2 ohms component speakers for my 1999 honda accord. I am wondering if there is such thing as too much head room when searching for an amp? I have to choose between these two amps: Hifonics ZRX500.2 and Hifonics BRX160.2. The first is 250w RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms, and the second is 160w RMS x 2 @ 2ohms. They are both the same price so I thought hay why not get the more powerful one just incase in the future. Problem is, my car's electrical system. I'm not quite sure how much amperage my alternator can handle but I'm just disregarding that at this time. I was wondering if, with a considerably more powerful amp, if it was possible to blow the speakers? If I set my gains would I be fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.