What amp should I buy for my system ? Maximum budget $400...

zeshan105

Newyork
I tried to run my setup with an Infinity Reference 5350a 5 channel. But the amp I got was a defective. I do not want to buy the same amp again because of my experience and a little Google research showed that 5350a does not last long to begin with. So Here I am for your experienced suggestions. What would you recommend for this setup ? The maximum I would spend is $400.

Head: JVC KD-x50BT Media Receiver

SUB: 12" Pioneer TS-W303R 250RMS

Speakers Front Doors: Infinity 629I 75RMS

Speakers Rear: Infinity 629I 75RMS

Wiring: 4 AWG Power and Ground for the amp. 14 AWG for speakers

Car: Honda Civic 2003 DX

Alternator: Stock 60amp

Edit: An ideal amp would be a five channel amp which i can buy from amazon directly, as their return policy is very good. But I am open to 2 amps too if it works out for the best for the setup I have.

get 2 amp, 4 channel for your doors and a sub amp
It was hard as hell to route one power wire under the panels of my civic. I do not have room for another power cable to run under the panels. On the other side i ran the RCAs.

Also i do not think 2 amps would run with my stock alternator.

this as well ,but may need more $$$$$
The XDI805 looks good. But is it even going to turn on with the power my stock alternator provides ?

And how good is this amp. Does it at least last 2 3 years if used moderately ? How good is the warranty and the company?

Sorry I am only getting into this stuff so I do not know much about amps. On one forum I was told infinity kappas are very good speakers so i bought Kappas. And that is how far my knowledge goes about audio equipment.

The XDI805 looks good. But is it even going to turn on with the power my stock alternator provides ?And how good is this amp. Does it at least last 2 3 years if used moderately ? How good is the warranty and the company?

Sorry I am only getting into this stuff so I do not know much about amps. On one forum I was told infinity kappas are very good speakers so i bought Kappas. And that is how far my knowledge goes about audio equipment.
the arc audio xdi is a great amp and is very clean sounding and efficient ,which means it will work fine with your stock electrical . company is great and warranty is 1 year

Last edited by a moderator:
It was hard as hell to route one power wire under the panels of my civic. I do not have room for another power cable to run under the panels. On the other side i ran the RCAs.
Also i do not think 2 amps would run with my stock alternator.
You don't need another power wire run your current wire to a distribution block that will split it into 2 power wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only one review of this amp on amazon and it Ships from and sold by Car Audio Dealers. So basically its amazon market place product and amazon return policy does not apply there. Thanks for looking up the amp though. I will see if I can buy for an authorized dealer for the same price.
the amp is a class ab amp ,so you may have issues with it drawing to much power, but you wont know til its installed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.