What Amp shloud i get?

That's what I'm trying to figure out something different since new box will have plexi windows not sure how to do plexi but I learn fast. All my wire loom and inputs are a bright Seattle Seahawks green so was thinking of matching. Anyone have any ideas for colors? And what's the easiest way to remove the old adhesive on the landings and where the surround sits?
Tape over the gap so no pieces get in there and get a sanding disk on a fast drill and go to town

That's what I'm trying to figure out something different since new box will have plexi windows not sure how to do plexi but I learn fast. All my wire loom and inputs are a bright Seattle Seahawks green so was thinking of matching. Anyone have any ideas for colors? And what's the easiest way to remove the old adhesive on the landings and where the surround sits?
Plexi is going to be terribly expensive to do and have it solid. More expensive still if you f*ck up a piece. Good luck with that.

To clean baskets I like to whittle away most of it with a utility knife then run an angle grinder around to take it down to bare metal. Utility knife method isn't fast but once you start grinding (burning) away the foam and glue you'll see why I like to have as little of that smoke/fumes near me as possible. It's nasty even with a respirator.

When you re-mount the frames use a little drop of glue on the edge of each bolt so they don't loosen up over time.

Oh, and depending on when you get to this, I have some Zv3 18" cones and spiders back up north I'd sell for below cost.

Plexi is going to be terribly expensive to do and have it solid. More expensive still if you f*ck up a piece. Good luck with that.
To clean baskets I like to whittle away most of it with a utility knife then run an angle grinder around to take it down to bare metal. Utility knife method isn't fast but once you start grinding (burning) away the foam and glue you'll see why I like to have as little of that smoke/fumes near me as possible. It's nasty even with a respirator.

When you re-mount the frames use a little drop of glue on the edge of each bolt so they don't loosen up over time.

Oh, and depending on when you get to this, I have some Zv3 18" cones and spiders back up north I'd sell for below cost.

I'm actually just grabbing nsv3 drop in kits because I know by next fall I'm going to want to upgrade to something a little bigger than the is 20.1. I've seen the smd dyno but I'm curious what this amp clamps at .5, I know box rise etc.. plays a factor. And I have a full maintenance shop at the schools I'm a facility manager for so I have nothing but time to build the next box. I have plent of wood so I'd only be into it for the cost of the plexi. And I planned on using blue loctite with just a tiny dab of epoxy where the head touches the basket. I have till march to get it all done. Hard to get motivated when it's 12 degrees as a high and I'm the -10s with windchill. And no garage at home(have one I borrow though) I'd honestly like to find two more xv1 motors and turn mine and two more into 12s and run 4 x12s but two x18s should be plenty for me. For a few weeks anyways

I'm actually just grabbing nsv3 drop in kits because I know by next fall I'm going to want to upgrade to something a little bigger than the is 20.1. I've seen the smd dyno but I'm curious what this amp clamps at .5, I know box rise etc.. plays a factor. And I have a full maintenance shop at the schools I'm a facility manager for so I have nothing but time to build the next box. I have plent of wood so I'd only be into it for the cost of the plexi. And I planned on using blue loctite with just a tiny dab of epoxy where the head touches the basket. I have till march to get it all done. Hard to get motivated when it's 12 degrees as a high and I'm the -10s with windchill. And no garage at home(have one I borrow though) I'd honestly like to find two more xv1 motors and turn mine and two more into 12s and run 4 x12s but two x18s should be plenty for me. For a few weeks anyways
The two big problems as I see it is the thick plexi/lexan is very expensive and even then it's sort of thin so you'll need to be creative and accurate with your wood to get a window in snug and airtight. If you have a drill press you can certainly drill bolt holes in it, but if you screw that up and whatever and break your plexi it'll be a bad hit.

I know people get big numbers out of the IA amps at 18V and low impedance for burps. No idea about for music and I always recommend against going below 1 ohm if you can't afford the money or downtime to repair or replace a blown amp. These days power is cheap out of Brazil, instead of 500$ for a 3K Korean amp wiring it in the dirt to see 3K buy a Taramps 6K wire it to safe nominal impedance and let impedance curve do whatever it likes and you'll still see plenty of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.