What amp for these subs?

RAPIDZ

I have two Orion Cobalt Series 10-Inch 400 Watt Single Voice Coil 4 Ohm Subwoofer

Some Info

--How many voice coils does the sub have? Single? ^

--What is the nominal impedance of the voice coils? 4 Ohm? ^

--What is the RMS power handling rating of the sub(s) you are inquiring about? Around 500 RMS for both and 1000w peak

--How many of these subs are you planning to use? 2

was looking at Kenwood KAC-7205, SOUNDSTREAM TX2.500, or SONY XM-GTX1852 but i really have no idea, dont really know much about this stuff

budget of around 200 dollars

any suggestions?

As in the thread below... and many others, try any of these

You're looking for an amp that does 400 wRMS @ 2 ohm or more

You can either get a decent 4 channel (bridged) or get a small Class D mono

4 Channel:

Hifonics HFi 55.4, Crunch GPV1600.4, etc.

Mono:

Audiopipe AP15001D, Hifonics, HFi1000, and the Power AcoustiK STAX or BAMF 2000 1/D, Kicker ZX300.1, or Audioque 1200, etc

Tons of good options, but find something that keeps it's value. As with most of us, you'll want more power someday, so make a wise decision.

You're looking for an amp that does 400 wRMS @ 2 ohm or more

You can either get a decent 4 channel (bridged) or get a small Class D mono
What about a 2 channel amp? 2 channel for 2 subs?

KENWOOD KAC7204 2 channel 500 wRMS @ 4 ohm, is that per sub?

Owners manual says, and i assume this is for 10 inchers seeing how that's the box i got it in, but it says for 2 woofers get 200-600 Rms and 400-1200 peak

although it also says 2 single 4 ohm subs put a 2 ohm load on the amp, im kinda confused

Is 500 rms and 1000 peak good numbers or no? just don't wanna completely blow these things up with too much power or something else stupid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And if i want more power later on i will most likely just buy a whole new system, this is my first one as i am just now starting to drive, so just gonna see how it works

Last edited by a moderator:
So ur sure this is a nice amp for two 10 inch subs and would work well?
You can hook up however many subs you want to however many channels you want. All you need to worry about is providing the amp with the proper ohm load(in your case, you can wire both subs together for a final load of 2ohms), and that you're getting the power you need. You can hook up 189474 subs to the amp he linked to.

that kenwood will not work well with those subs. because you have 2 subs with 4ohm coils, you'll either be running 2channels @4ohms (175watts) or 1channel @ 2ohms, which that amp will NOT do. you'll burn up that amp if you try to run it bridged and wire the subs together at 2ohms. get the cadence amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.