What amp for a Sundown SA-12 D2?

don't forget about a box a custom for 1 12 will cost anywhere from 65-130 dollars. The box is key in this setup.
I was thinking about this. I don't have a clue as to where I'd get a box. I assume you pretty much have to get a custom box to match your equipment or it will be poor quality. I don't even know where to start. I don't have the resources or knowledge to build one, only thing I can think of is buying one online.

I was thinking about this. I don't have a clue as to where I'd get a box. I assume you pretty much have to get a custom box to match your equipment or it will be poor quality. I don't even know where to start. I don't have the resources or knowledge to build one, only thing I can think of is buying one online.
pm ram or rabbit to design you one. then you can build it. those prefab boxes are horrible man

So your logic is because I'm new to audio in general that I'm retarded? How are you not retarded?
I said that you're retarded, because a basic wiring diagram "made your brain hurt." If you went to high school, you should have been taught a general background about circuits from a physics course. In addition, you obviously haven't made any effort to do a little research on your own as this topic has been covered on numerous occasions.

As for me, I take the time to research and try to discover a solution on my own. Also, I am currently finishing up my last semester as a Mechanical Engineer..Engineering is one of the most challenging areas of study at an university; which does not attract those of the mentally handicap. In all honesty, I may not be a genious, but I am far from being a retard...

I said that you're retarded, because a basic wiring diagram "made your brain hurt." If you went to high school, you should have been taught a general background about circuits from a physics course. In addition, you obviously haven't made any effort to do a little research on your own as this topic has been covered on numerous occasions.
As for me, I take the time to research and try to discover a solution on my own. Also, I am currently finishing up my last semester as a Mechanical Engineer..Engineering is one of the most challenging areas of study at an university; which does not attract those of the mentally handicap. In all honesty, I may not be a genious, but I am far from being a retard...
chill bro lol

Sorry to threadjack, but along with the 1500 ONX, I found these two:

Hifonics brz1200 and brz1700.

Since the sub would be close to 1000 rms pushed (safely, according to the forums, as it's underrated?), would the brz1200 be too close in wattage? I'm leaning toward the 1700 because of this, since I'm not sure how it would compare to the 1500 ONX. Any comments on this?

I'm really wanting the amp to outlast however long the sub will, by a good amount.

Not sure how these would compare if I have the sundown sa-12 at 1000rms?

with the dca1600 it's only $20 cheaper than a brz1700 and the dca1000 does less power for the same price as the brz1200?

Wouldn't I want something at least 300rms higher than the sub would be to ensure it won't blow (either the sub or amp?). I'm a newbie with this stuff if you haven't guessed.

When I said the MB Quart it should give you an idea. Around $150 for the amp. Can be higher but I'd really prefer it not be over $200.
Either get the Onyx 1500D which is not much more than $150 and turn it down for cleaner power or buy Kangaroux's Alpine MRP-1000 for $200 which is a SOLID amplifier does more than 1000 @ 2 ohms I think my MRP2000 was rated at like 2338w very nice amplifiers for the price. Or of course that Soundstream 1000 would be nice for the price as well.

Not sure how these would compare if I have the sundown sa-12 at 1000rms?
with the dca1600 it's only $20 cheaper than a brz1700 and the dca1000 does less power for the same price as the brz1200?

Wouldn't I want something at least 300rms higher than the sub would be to ensure it won't blow (either the sub or amp?). I'm a newbie with this stuff if you haven't guessed.
An SA 12 will take 1k daily all the time if you have clean power going to it... The amplifiers you just mentioned barely do rated and don't do it very clean, so I guess it's your choice. and the Cadence IS better than the Hifonics and worth it more or less if you don't mind buying refurbished from a random ebay vendor. Personally out of all the items listed I'd still get the Alpine MRP-1000 for $200 and 2 ohm is more efficient and the amplifier will do more than 1k so you can turn it down a bit. The soundstream is nice but they're power hungry.

Also like others mentioned before, a well built box is KEY. it can make your subwoofer louder off less power and allow it to take more power if you do it right.

Anyways heres the link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/532520-fs-alpine-mrp-m1000.html

he said $200+shipping to start so I'm sure you can get him down to $200 shipped.

wouldn't I need a 1ohm amp since I'm only having one sub and its d2?

The apline is 1000w sure, but at 2ohms?

Also, should I have gotten the D4 since I'm VERY concerned with sq?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Confessed

10+ year member
Confessed
Gainesville, Tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from