What alternator for medium sound setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

RemcoR

CarAudio.com Newbie
Am building a medium sound setup. Nothing to wild.
RMS output just a bit below 5Kw .
Think that I will use 2 240Ah battery,s .
But what alternator?
I.m in the Netherlands but drive a 1979 Chevrolet C30 .
Most parts I order from Rockauto shipping with them is fast and price not to bad.
But they do not have Performance parts. So What USA build car has the highest Amp output alternator?
On Ebay I see some 300 A alternators for $190 but with $85 shipping When I add thax that cost me $386

Ebay alts are terrible.

DC Power
Singer
CES alternators
Brand X alternators
Excessive Amperage
Power Bastards
JS alternators
Mechman

Are the most popular brands I can think of off the top of my head.

If op considers 5k "medium", he must know what he's doing!

Are you looking for aftermarket or an oem unit that'll fit your pickup? Might have better luck on a vehicle-specific forum.

I'm happy with my iraggi. @Melissa Stephens Jones is the new iraggi rep on this site.

That truck has more than enough room for two alts. I've owned a C30, sold it to my uncle so he could use it to haul his racecar, and I still own a C20. Two 150s would be more than enough and you'd still have reserve for extra lights or winch or whatever.

That truck has more than enough room for two alts. I've owned a C30, sold it to my uncle so he could use it to haul his racecar, and I still own a C20. Two 150s would be more than enough and you'd still have reserve for extra lights or winch or whatever.
5kw would laugh at 300a. Or did i miss something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...