West's Oak Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be that bad. Only 4 cubes and I am going to pull the spare tire to compensate for the added wieght. I won't be able to access the spare tire anyway with the box and amps in the trunk.
God, I would pay to see you on the side of the road trying to pull that behemoth out to get to your spare...

Slowly but surely West....got to get some more solid oak to make faceplate for Octo and outside corners....

20121223_131409.jpg

20121223_131421.jpg

That solid wood box is going to sound very nice in the lows..Man very nice once again..always an amazing build man..Tuned in!!

[quote name='West']Yes I think it will really tie the trunk together :D[/QUOTE]

Looks dang good...actually reminds me of the wood I had on my childhood bed and that thing was SOLID. @double 07 ; any concerns about that box being resonant?

no it has 45s bracing the corners and its getting a top to bottom brace at the back of the Octo inside to stiffen things up......I aint done yet.....sit tight....lol

[quote name='neo_styles']Looks dang good...actually reminds me of the wood I had on my childhood bed and that thing was SOLID. @double 07 ; any concerns about that box being resonant?[/QUOTE]

None, none whatsoever lol :D

no it has 45s bracing the corners and its getting a top to bottom brace at the back of the Octo inside to stiffen things up......I aint done yet.....sit tight....lol
Lol I haven't had a chance to sit all day. Finished the MS62c install today and have been auditioning the system over and over again. Plus getting ready for the 'rents to come visit for Xmas.

Thanks jay...yeah these take just a little longer to build than a slot ported carpeted box and cost just a tad more too...........LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

double 07

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
double 07
Etowah, TN
Start date
Participants