DD 9515H.. Not impressed at all

hrtbrk1
5,000+ posts

1ManWreckinCrew
so i stumbled upon a DD 9518H supercharged and it has not impressed me. the build quality has gone down significantly since i bought a 9515g 3 years ago. here are some pics

supercharged option is the basket spacer and a neo shorting ring. fyi the white thing inside the pole vent is the neo, i was pressing on the dust cap to show this.

c4611676.jpg

first of is the direct connect wires they used. it looks very cheap and has more jacket than wire

8f917d0d.jpg

secondly, the leads are sewn into the spider, when in motion, the leads will cut the spider.

also, look at how the triple joint is glued, that is terrible(IMO)

3cee11fa.jpg

finally, the cone, it is very soft!!!! it really is like wet noodles! i tried to take a picture of me lightly pushing up on the cone

pressed

d7d5ad8d.jpg

not pressed

593399cd.jpg

its kind of hard to see because i used a crappy camera.

edit..the SC option is a neo mag on top of the pole and a shorting ring

Last edited by a moderator:
6 legs on that basket...no? if so, it's an 18". if no, then it would be an old basket that someone paid to have assembled custom on a newer motor. (hope the OP just mistyped that the neo ring was the faraday ring). there is no shorting effect with the location of the shorting ring being above the neo bucking magnet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hrtbrk1

5,000+ posts
1ManWreckinCrew
hrtbrk1
Boomer Sooner, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date