Welding Wire Size

Slobalt

CarAudio.com Elite
Before you say it's been covered, I know, I searched it. My question is most of the searches I've come across say to get 2/0 welding cable because it closest to 1/0 CA cable. But I've looked up what the diameter is of cables to awg standards and I used knu wire as a reference. To me it seems like 4/0 awg is closer to CA 1/0 or at lest knu's wire. Can anyone help shed some light on this subject to help me decide what size wire to get.

If you wondering, I was looking at pure copper welding wire. Stiff stuff! I fit 3/0 wire in my DD m2b amp. it was some hilarious price, I think it was C$14 CAD a foot +Tax. So didn't buy any, they did give me that sample for free. I barely can get the screw to go down, It is hard wire.

GqtwRGa.jpg

If you wondering, I was looking at pure copper welding wire. Stiff stuff! I fit 3/0 wire in my DD m2b amp. it was some hilarious price, I think it was C$14 CAD a foot +Tax. So didn't buy any, they did give me that sample for free. I barely can get the screw to go down, It is hard wire.
GqtwRGa.jpg
nope

Buy from electron beam. Best welding cable around and it's cheap too. $14 a foot is stupid prices, I can get 1000mcm for that price which is like 3" diameter.

Buy from electron beam. Best welding cable around and it's cheap too. $14 a foot is stupid prices, I can get 1000mcm for that price which is like 3" diameter.
Nice wire for a good price, I wonder how much they charge to ship USPS to Canada? I'd get 50' of 2/0 or 3/0.

Just started running the electron beam 2/0 in my car this weekend 6 runs total it's a little less flexible than CA wire but it's a lot heavier fits in all my stuff although it's a little tight going into my fuse holders.

Just started running the electron beam 2/0 in my car this weekend 6 runs total it's a little less flexible than CA wire but it's a lot heavier fits in all my stuff although it's a little tight going into my fuse holders.
You using lugs or those ring terminals? Im planning to buy 100' of wire, but was between royal cci and electron beam.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

You using lugs or those ring terminals? Im planning to buy 100' of wire, but was between royal cci and electron beam.
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Using sky high 1/0 lugs for a few things, I used to use the crimp terminals but I like the heath shrunk lugs better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.