Weirdest thing ever!

PlymouthScamp71
10+ year member

Ok so some of you may know the situation I'm in with my dropping amps bass dosn't stay on and when I even touch the gas it kills the bass... now its kinda late and we have 2 drive ways one in the side yard and one in the front

I park in the front garage but my car was in the side I turn on my lights and hit the road pull in the drive way and my bass is still on! open the trunk and turn the lights off I rev my car to 3 grand and it kills the bass turn all lights on and rev to 3 grand bass stays on. with no lights idling my volt meter says 13.88 and up to 15 all lights on it reads around 12.88.... anyone care to explain???? I called all the car people and electronical nerds I know and NO ONE had any answers...

I talked to my cousin and he said were going to drive around tomrrow with my lights on and see if it works.. have any sugestions feel free to say

Quite possibly just a pos amp lol. When it sees the more voltage it may click that it's too much for it or something and flips into protect...

Could just be as simple as a ground issue though

Quite possibly just a pos amp lol. When it sees the more voltage it may click that it's too much for it or something and flips into protect...Could just be as simple as a ground issue though

its a 1000 watt rockford fosgate power series amp would that have a protect system on it?

Yes, it has protect on it. That's a good amp, so that theory's out of the question. It potentially could be the ground.
heres the real good question... what ground and where........... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The ground wire for your amp. Make sure it isn't loose or anything and make sure it's in a good location, the best would be on part of the frame, or at the very least a good metal piece

The ground wire for your amp. Make sure it isn't loose or anything and make sure it's in a good location, the best would be on part of the frame, or at the very least a good metal piece

funny thing is my uncle suplied all my wire and he only had a small bit left for the ground and I cut it a bit short... so the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hook.... is that a good spot? cause the capacitor is hooked to the same thing.. just on the opposite bolt

funny thing is my uncle suplied all my wire and he only had a small bit left for the ground and I cut it a bit short... so the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hook.... is that a good spot? cause the capacitor is hooked to the same thing.. just on the opposite bolt
so the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hook

so the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hook

I hope you meant to put SUB AMP is hooked, not SUB itself.

so the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hookso the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hook

funny thing is my uncle supplied all my wire and he only had a small bit left for the ground and I cut it a bit short... so the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hook.... is that a good spot? cause the capacitor is hooked to the same thing.. just on the opposite bolt
Well if you meant your amp is ground to a bolt on the lid of your trunk's hood, personally I think that's a bad ground. I have mine ground to my chassis.

Edit: By the way if you attempt to ground your amp wire to your chassis, be careful you can literally drill right through the gas tank.

so the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hookso the ground for my sub is hooked to a ring terminal on a bolt the hold my truck lid hook

YES sorry! my amp and my capacitor are both on ring terminals hooked to the trunk lip hook

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.