weird sound/cutting out

Participant count
  • Participant list

caraudio93
10+ year member

Maine
I have an audiopipe APSM-1300 and its hooked up to an audiopipe 15... I set the gain with a DMM to 31.6volts for 500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. And when I set it the volume on the headunit was 37. I noticed that, when the volume goes past 42, the power to the sub will cut out for like a half second at a time and the sub will make a popping sound when the bass gets heavy, and I first thought it was just simply because it was too much power for the sub. BUt my friend just bought an L7 that is 750w RMS, and I hooked it up, and turned it up past 42, and it did the same thing, so now i know it's not my sub. Question is, what would cause the amp to cut out like this, its a 600w RMS amp and i have it running at 500 when the HU volume is 37. so 42 shouldn't be too much power for the amp or the MTX sub. Any suggestions? Might it just be something as simple as a bad ground...? Thanks.

what wires though. speaker...power, ground....? all the wiring is brand new the only thing that could possibly be bad is the ground, i think. or speaker wire might be too thin.

power and ground are 8 guage, but they're only like 6 feet long. i have no idea what size the speaker wire is but it's pretty tiny. probably like 24 guauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.