Weird pooping sound coming from sub.

MemphisLove
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Lets start with the equipment.

880prs

boston gt 24 refurb.

tc sounds mix and match sub.

after hard periods or soft periods of play the subwoofer stops playing bass notes and about every 4 seconds a popping sound almost like a weird rubbing sound comes from the sub. its not very audible and is the same level no matter what the level the headunit is at. after about 2 minutes bass starts again. the amp is sometimes super hot when it does this or warm. Ill turn the sub off from the headunit control and the sound still occurs. i have to turn the headunit off completely to get the sound to cease coming from the sub.

suggestions???

The first thing I would check are the basics like. RCA's and GROUNDS.

It's going to be a long process of elimination to get to the real problem.

omg I just laughed till I cried after I read the title. Thanks

And ya, you're pretty much gonna have to go piece by piece until you find the culprit

i kinda thought it was my grounding point. the painted metal was sanded down to bare metal on the bracket where the initial connection is made between terminal and bracket. it goes

bolt

ground ring terminal

front sanded metal suspension bracket (strut in a 350Z behind the spare tire)

the bracket is painted black front and back, and the bracket connects to the body of the car. the body is painted orange so its bolt, terminal, bracket, body.

Should the metal to metal contact between the bracket and the body be sanded somewhat to allow better connectivity.

lol sorry chronic can hinder spelling

and it is a poopy sound to hear coming from your system that you spent time on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the title I did actually imagine a sub just making this loud bathroom **** experience you accidentally walk in on

but no doubt a poopy sound (happened to me in one setup and it was a bad ground)

it sounds like your sub is bottoming out set your crossovers and subsonic filter properly...it should solve the problem
no subsonic filter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

crossover is 80 at 18db.

why would the sub just stop playing music altogether and make just a knocking sound every 3 or so seconds. there is absolutly nothing coming from the sub when this happens. no hiss, no music just a knock.... knock... knock the after about two minutes the sub starts playing tones and the knocking quits.

hahahah that is the funniest thread title ive seen all week. nevertheless, i agree with above posts on checking connections. i also ordered a gt-24 refurb, and it went straight into safe mode, so im sending it back. i wouldnt rule out a bad amp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.