Weird noise

ok well i think its bottoming out because i turned my gain down about 1/4 and it stopped so i played it and then i turned the volume on half and the gain back to normal and it started again and then i was driving home i turned the sub off and played just the highs well i tried it out again it works again wtf?

Is it a banging sound, or is it more of a rattling sound?

How is your electrical system? Any major voltage drops could cause your amp to go into clipping prematurely... and cause the sub to sound like like it's rattling.

Also, any bass boost being used?

I'm having a problem just like that... My JL 12W3 still hits fine, but it sounded kinda weird, so I held my ear up to it and there was a rumbling/rattling noise, but the sound from the port sounded fine. So I took the sub out, and when I tap the cone or any other moving part on the sub, it makes a rattling noise. I think I either somehow blew it or something's loose. Either way, i'm pissed.

i looked at the spider and its still connected however there are some particles of the spider right next to it still connected to the cone but not the wire but the main wire its self is fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.