Weird loss of sound. HELP....

Participant count
  • Participants list

L1ttlet

CarAudio.com Regular
HELP! So when I turn up my bass to loud my mids n highs amp well go silent (won't play for 3-20seconds) also sometimes when the bass is hitting hard I will get a loud popping noise coming from my super tweets in the doors I believe it is ear piercing.
The setup is 2 wolframs 6.5's on 250watts rms at 2ohms per channel 3 and 4 running active. Then channel one and two same thing but for the wolfram super tweets, and both are tuned where they need to be and gains set with dmm correctly. They are being powered by the wolfram 250.4 which has a clip indicator and they are seeing clean power, no clipping and amp isn't turning off when they do quit playing. Again it only happens when bass is hitting well. Have a 4500.1 that nvr skips a beat, both amps are mounted to same amp rack. I don't let voltage drop under 12. Both amps have the knuconceptz rcas(heavy duty one)
My thoughts are either a bad rca or maybe the tweets are hitting the metal in the door panel as I literally had to grind a out some door panel to make them fit. I'm at a loss right now, I'm think those two or a bad amp. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank u.
If I turn bass down I can crank mids and highs amp without a single issue all the way up to 28 on my headunit which is the point before clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.