Weird issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

StarlitDarkness

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm pretty new to the whole sound system business. The car I just bought has a system and given that I don't know what I'm doing, I thought I'd come here first.

My subs are working intermittently, like they work for a couple beats then fade out then come back on. It happens multiple times in one song.

I'm not sure if it's frequency interference or what, I'm running bluetooth to a radio transmitter.

I'm pretty new to the whole sound system business. The car I just bought has a system and given that I don't know what I'm doing, I thought I'd come here first.

My subs are working intermittently, like they work for a couple beats then fade out then come back on. It happens multiple times in one song.

I'm not sure if it's frequency interference or what, I'm running bluetooth to a radio transmitter.

First thing's first, make sure that your left and right channels aren't mixed up. If you have the left channel reversed but not the right channel it will cause drastic changes in volume especially during left to right or right to left sweeps. If you're using an LOC especially you'll want to confirm that the wire colors match up to the channel labeled on the unit. A common symptom of this is that the subwoofers get louder and more reliable with only one RCA cord plugged in.

Other things that can cause that would be a weak ground. Watch the amplifier as it plays, if it's a power issue it'll go back and forth between on and off or normal and power protect but if it's the cancellation issue it won't. Grounds are the most common problem in all of car electronics because 12v isn't very good at bridging poor connections. If this is the case you'll want to undo the bolt that's grounding the amp, scrape away all of the paint under the bolt with a knife and then tighten it down again. Where is it grounded? Some locations are better than others, it should be a structural part ideally.

It could be a weak power cable connection too. It's generally a good idea if it's power related to just refresh all of the contact points on all of the wire interfaces.

I had a similar problem running a blue tooth set up. Whent back to conventional and all was good.

Check connections, wires. Proper contact of wires to connections. Inspect sub wire terminals. RCA’s. Signal wire from HU to amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.