Weird issue with PG R12 subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

GhostGixxer

Hey Guys !!

Got Out of the car audio game a few years ago when I've decided to drive my race cars as daily drivers back then, Then had kids (used my wife's car when i needed to drive the kids around), but driving the wife's boring a$$ car was enough so I bought an 05 Avalanche as a DD. Since i have no plan to make it fast i took my old audio stuff out the dusted boxes, installed the best stuff i had in the truck and everything sounds awesome except for 1 of my PG R12 sub. I'm used to the sound of a blown speaker, i've blown a few before, it has a rattling/clipping sound from mid to high level. It has the static/Bad AM sound of a speaker with loose cone/surround, but only a little, mixed with a rattling/clipping sound of a damaged spider/voice coil, but then again only a little. I've inspected the R12 closely and didnt found any apparent physical damage from the outside view. Did any of you guys ever had similar issues with these?

Hey Guys !! Got Out of the car audio game a few years ago when I've decided to drive my race cars as daily drivers back then, Then had kids (used my wife's car when i needed to drive the kids around), but driving the wife's boring a$$ car was enough so I bought an 05 Avalanche as a DD. Since i have no plan to make it fast i took my old audio stuff out the dusted boxes, installed the best stuff i had in the truck and everything sounds awesome except for 1 of my PG R12 sub. I'm used to the sound of a blown speaker, i've blown a few before, it has a rattling/clipping sound from mid to high level. It has the static/Bad AM sound of a speaker with loose cone/surround, but only a little, mixed with a rattling/clipping sound of a damaged spider/voice coil, but then again only a little. I've inspected the R12 closely and didnt found any apparent physical damage from the outside view. Did any of you guys ever had similar issues with these?
might be the dustcap, or a torn or loose spider.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.