Wats best for 5k wrms?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MmatsDude
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I got a brutal sounds 5k amp.

The set up is going on a lincoln town car so i have a huge trunk to work with

I was thinking of doing either 2 15 inch fi sp4 v2 subs or 2 18 fi sp4 v2 18 subs and dropping the amp to .5 ohms to run either one of this set ups

or just doing 1 FI 18 inch team v2 series.

witch set up would get me louder?

your thoughts? opinions welcome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would think the 2 15's you could build a better box and have options for port placement

2 18's you are probably stuck subs up port back

Subs are the last thing you should worry about.Firest you need to design a box the choose the best drivers to compliment the installation.
Words of wisdom bro that's why I'm leaning towards a single 18 I could maybe get away with 2 15

Words of wisdom bro that's why I'm leaning towards a single 18 I could maybe get away with 2 15
That's not words of wisdom! U pick your equipment and then build... you don't build then look for equipment to fit what you built... that's just stupid

That's not words of wisdom! U pick your equipment and then build... you don't build then look for equipment to fit what you built... that's just stupid
Words of wisdom in the sense that it would make more sense to go with the build that fits best then equipment according to box/build after.

I pick 40 18's below window line

You gotta find out what space you have and are willing to give up

If you want a 4th or 6th order that will determine what will fit

Or if you have 10cf that can help narrow drivers

I pick 40 18's below window lineYou gotta find out what space you have and are willing to give up

If you want a 4th or 6th order that will determine what will fit

Or if you have 10cf that can help narrow drivers
Yes i do have 10cf to work with, i was also thinking in building a hig box for 2 18's and just throwing back in the back seats i really dont wanna wall off the car lol

I would do 2 15's. Would only take up about 7 cubes. That would still leave you with room for amps and batteries.

if you can get 8 cubes net with 120in^2 of port area Id do a pair of 15. If you can only get 6.5 to 7 with 100in^2 a big boy 18 would be the ticket or even 3 12s would slaughter.

i wouldn't do the SPs though if you had a 5kw per they would SLAM but your going to get more output with a driver designed for 1500 to 2kw.

depending on what type of frequency response you want you have some options,

Something else Id advise. get at least a 250 amp alt, slap a good car audio battery under the hood, and get a cap-bank to kill the ripple in voltage. The cap bank is not much bigger than a lawnmower battery it will work better an save you space. The exception is if your going to play with the car off then i suggest batteries..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.