Was i being fed a bunch of bullshi*?

Subs are pretty obvious when they are fked up. tinsel leads will kill them instantly or they will play when pushed up or down when they make contact. I suppose a loose tinsel lead could do it too but VERY unlikely.

I call amp issue. Probably too low of a load. Cant wait till you get the new subs and they still cant figure it out

Subs are pretty obvious when they are fked up. tinsel leads will kill them instantly or they will play when pushed up or down when they make contact. I suppose a loose tinsel lead could do it too but VERY unlikely.

I call amp issue. Probably too low of a load. Cant wait till you get the new subs and they still cant figure it out

I would guess that it wasnt the subs that was the problem. Either they did a shitty install such as grounding to the seat, or it was previously mentioned RCAs, but that would result from a shitty install most of the time. They also may have sent the amp too low of a load but that to me is a shitty install also..... I would get those subs from them and never take anything you have to them again.

from my experience, f**k the shops, every shop ive been to in south sac has nothin but dumb ass workers, maybe not dumb but def not educated in car audio, i had workers from shops ask ME whats rms? whats ohm load? whats this and that when im trying to ask them for specific stuff, they wanna say max this and best that, f**kin guy at shop was really tryin to persuade me his 1000 watt max lanzar was louder than my zapco ref 750 before, and he was soo serious too, thats whhy i dont let the shops do anythin to my ****, i try to figure it out myself and do it myself, and if i eff everything up, at least i know exactly who to be mad at.

pics of shop and they install job on your car
this will answer all the questionsdo you feel me brah brah
will do tomorrow, heres a link to their site for now. STAR AUTO, TRUCK ACCESSORIES: AUTO GLASS, WINDOW TINT, CAR ALARMS, CD PLAYERS, BEDLINERS, PAINT PROTECTION FILM, PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS

So they put in the new subs and the problem seems to be fixed. After looking on my amp they changed the power setting and taped over it. I find this odd since i never changed it in the first place. The two subs are rated at 800watts RMS and the amp is rated at 900watts, They told me they set the amp to 70% to prevent this problem again, well the thing is that now the system is MUCH less powerful. I understand that sending all 900watts to a pair of subs that are rated at 800watts isn't advisable, but i find it hard to believe that the difference between before and after is only 30%.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.