Warhorse eletrical recommendations

CARP3T
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well Im getting very excited as the days past to receive my kicker warhorse In the mail and I already started the construction of my box and I would really to know what would be the best way to start upgrading my electrical to run this beast. I drive a 09 dodge challenger with a stock 160 alternator. Not sure if this will affect any reccomendations but the battery comes stock in the truck. Well if there is anything I have l left out that people might need to know feel free to ask. Also please no off the wall recommendations like 12 batteries 5 alternators or anything else you might of read off the Internet. I need a serious car audio person might know from personal attempts or something close to that.

If you think 12 batteries is an "off the wall" suggestion you really bought the wrong amp... Really it depends how you intend to run it, but I wouldn't even dream of less than 6 big batteries

whats the amp draw rating on it? or whats it fused for at least? just curious, I have never even thought about something that big! also what kind of subs?

[quote name='IonRL205']A HO alternator + 5 or so batteries.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hispls']If you think 12 batteries is an "off the wall" suggestion you really bought the wrong amp... Really it depends how you intend to run it, but I wouldn't even dream of less than 6 big batteries[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AmericanBass']^ i agree with this guy, i wouldnt run that warhorse off your stock electrical. your going to need a quite a few batteries to powa that bad boy and a HO alt.[/QUOTE]

All of these are very accurate. Unless you plan on hooking it up at 8 ohms, you're gonna have problems. I can't imagine why you would have bought it....
@slammedincouch has one, he could tell you his electrical.

whats the amp draw rating on it? or whats it fused for at least? just curious, I have never even thought about something that big! also what kind of subs?
Two RE XXX 18's

and stock electrical is not even a option but im looking for specific type of batteries or alternators that would run on my dodge challenger without and electrical issues anywhere else in the car. My buddy suggested the idea of 4 xs 16 volt batteries isolated by a regulator to run it off stock alternator but i wanted some second opinions before i made a commitment

Well Im getting very excited as the days past to receive my kicker warhorse In the mail and I already started the construction of my box and I would really to know what would be the best way to start upgrading my electrical to run this beast. I drive a 09 dodge challenger with a stock 160 alternator. Not sure if this will affect any reccomendations but the battery comes stock in the truck. Well if there is anything I have l left out that people might need to know feel free to ask. Also please no off the wall recommendations like 12 batteries 5 alternators or anything else you might of read off the Internet. I need a serious car audio person might know from personal attempts or something close to that.
I know guys that have this amp.

Minimum Power Requirements: Eight 12-volt Batteries, and two 200-Ampere Alternators. For more information regarding the Warhorse Power Requirements, please read the User Manual

Triple 1/0-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 5,000 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 10,000 watts x 1 chan.

Max power output: 20,000 watts x 1 chan.

[quote name='TheUnderFighter']All of these are very accurate. Unless you plan on hooking it up at 8 ohms, you're gonna have problems. I can't imagine why you would have bought it....
@slammedincouch has one, he could tell you his electrical.[/QUOTE]
i got a great deal from a friend that moved out of state. i was going to pick up a sundown 4500d but it sold before i could get ahold of the guy and he had this for sale and made a offer i couldnt resist.

i got a great deal from a friend that moved out of state. i was going to pick up a sundown 4500d but it sold before i could get ahold of the guy and he had this for sale and made a offer i couldnt resist.
oh you thought so, but after the exspense of all them batts and alts and power wire, it wont seem like much of a deal. Those things alone should cost about $2,000

I know guys that have this amp. Minimum Power Requirements: Eight 12-volt Batteries, and two 200-Ampere Alternators. For more information regarding the Warhorse Power Requirements, please read the User Manual

Triple 1/0-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 5,000 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 10,000 watts x 1 chan.

Max power output: 20,000 watts x 1 chan.
^^^ ill give it a try with my buddies 4 3800 kinetics on stock alt and power is to low i shall sale =D

oh you thought so, but after the exspense of all them batts and alts and power wire, it wont seem like much of a deal. Those things alone should cost about $2,000
^^^ good point. but i have everything except alts, we shall see if the stock dodge will keep up, if not. Threads here i come =D

^^^ good point. but i have everything except alts, we shall see if the stock dodge will keep up, if not. Threads here i come =D
dont mess around. make sure you have the electrical set up before you try this amp out, or else you can kill the amp. = wasted time and $

Well if he wires it up to 4 ohms and turns down the gains a ton, he might be able to get by with just an isolated 16v HO alt and a small bank of batteries:p

If you were smart man, you'd sell this and get a Sundown 4500 and pocket the extra cash. Or trade it straight across for the Sundown and batteries or something.

But you're definitely gonna have to drop at least $1k in electrical, and that's being exceptionally modest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.