Amp busted during shipping?

Volvowith18psi
10+ year member

So, just talking while I wait the official word....

Anyhow, bought a used Sundown SAE1200Dv2 from DB-r solely for the fact it came with a warranty. Just got it yesterday, went out today to see if it fired up and nothing..... Never would turn on..

A: Fuses were all good AFAIK

B: Power read 14.3@ inputs

C: Remote wire read 13.5ish@ term (not sure why it was lower, maybe it was the 22 gauge wire vrs 1/0 power / ground)

D: Ground were rock solid with less then .01ohm resistance. Although, the wire was a bit longer then final install, maybe 3-4ft. Just wanted to test it before installing / cutting it down.

Would taken pics, but its hard to snap pics holding meter leads...

Thoughts to dwell on while it gets shipped back? (yay another 2 week wait)

Idk... Never bought used stuff before. I called the guy and hes like "we test everything before we ship it out, and we dont have any amps to replace that with"..... Guess were about to find out.

Idk... Never bought used stuff before. I called the guy and hes like "we test everything before we ship it out, and we dont have any amps to replace that with"..... Guess were about to find out.
Thats a bunch of BS!!!!! Why give a warranty if you dont have another in stock to replace??Maybe they are the kind to repair instead/with low grade parts???Try a quick test ..Take the amplifier to the car Batt, and hook up ground to ground, and poss with Remote, to poss batt terminal,replace the amp fuse anyway,sometimes you cannot see a bad fuse,should light rt up,Amp may be good, you have an issue with your wiring.If it does not light up, then there is deff an Issue with that amp..point blank.You can use 12 ga speaker wire to test with..your only testing for power supply nothing more..Yet usually works for me every time.

Lol to late now, hauled *** upto tge fedex to ship it today. Dont know how it could be the wiring atm, my kenwood powered up everytime.

Thanks for the tip though audio!

Lol to late now, hauled *** upto tge fedex to ship it today. Dont know how it could be the wiring atm, my kenwood powered up everytime.
Thanks for the tip though audio!
Yes sir...I hope they replace it with another rather than letting an auto mechanic repair it

Didn't mean to come off like I was knocking db-r. Just trying to explore options if in fact he says its "good". That way I have an attack plan for when it returns.

You guys think the lower Remote wire voltage is the issue? The amp should turn on regardless if the input voltage is lower then 14, but higher then 10 right?

Maybe the ground cable length? Idk honestly... Sure hope it isn't busted though, decent price for a good amp.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

db-r is a good guy. have talked with him a couple times. very easy to talk to lol talked for about an hour with him about amps etc. he will set ya right.

Quick update, sorry for the bump: DB-R is a great guy, been very helpfull with this whole thing.

Problem:

1200-coil-2.jpg

Fix:

1200-coil-5.jpg

UPS FTL!

Been a while since I peeked at this forum. Glad we got that taken care of for you, it's funny how people attack us business's like right off the bat when something doesn't go right, but then when (as you posted here) we make it right... Crickets.... one comment, LOL... Carry on, glad we got you taken care of.

Only one question, why would we have an Auto Mechanic repairing an amplifier? Who does that? The only amps I ever had to use a socket wrench to work on was Stetsom amps, LOL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.