wanting design for 2 HDS315s in bandpass box

j4tk

So Ive never made a design, or my own box, but was wondering of anyone could help me out. I need a design or rendering and cut sheet for a 3:1 4th order bandpass tuned to 47-48hz.

Vehicle : Mitsubishi Montero

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available: Length:3' Width:3' Height:2' (Can go larger if needed.)

Subwoofer make and model: Soundqubed HDS315

Subwoofer Size: 15"

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Tuning Freq (Hz): 47-48hz

Audioque subs dont like 4th orders. You would be better off with a regular ported box. Like 7.5 - 8 cubes tuned to 38 hz with 17" of port per cube. Sub up port back, leave around 3/4th port width from back of hatch.

I modeled these subs in winisd and the results looked good.

2 cubes ported at 48hz, 3 cubes sealed. Group delay is one hump with the peak being 16ms between 37-50hz.

2 cubes ported at 48hz' date=' 3 cubes sealed. Group delay is one hump with the peak being 16ms between 37-50hz.[/quote']

Is this the whole box? the 5 cubes totoal? or is that per sub?

And could you help me with the design?

It funny people just repeat things they have heard about subs without knowing anything about them. The hdc3 are not 4th friendly but the HDS3 is. I can try to come up with a box design for you but I don't do renderings or cut sheets just overall dimensions and port sizing.

2 cubes ported at 48hz' date=' 3 cubes sealed. Group delay is one hump with the peak being 16ms between 37-50hz.[/quote']

Lol that literally tells you nothing about how its gonna act in a car. I havent seen anybody have good results with aq subs in sealed boxes. To db junior, how do you know they do good in 4th order? U personally done a 4th order wall with them and got loud?

It funny people just repeat things they have heard about subs without knowing anything about them. The hdc3 are not 4th friendly but the HDS3 is. I can try to come up with a box design for you but I don't do renderings or cut sheets just overall dimensions and port sizing.
okay. cool. i emailed that guy but he never emailed me back.

Audioque subs dont like 4th orders. You would be better off with a regular ported box. Like 7.5 - 8 cubes tuned to 38 hz with 17" of port per cube. Sub up port back, leave around 3/4th port width from back of hatch.
So I emailed someone who makes boxes, and you're right. He says audioque subs are, and I quote, HORRIBLE for bandpass boxes.

how is the HDS315 so horrible for bandpass boxes? This is going to be amusing because I know somebody is full of shit.

qms 7.27

qes 0.5927

qts on website is wrong, listed as 0.829. It is actually 0.55 because of formula (qms x qes) / (qms + qes)

vas 56.73L

fs 35.66

ebp 60.17

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.