Wanting a new car alarm but best for 150?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cdimic25
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey i really wanna protect my DD and keep everything safe. So basicly i want to spend 150 and i would like remote start and for it to warn me when people are breaking in. Also id like it to have some other features but those are just the main ones...

I was looking at the ASIANWOLF 8000RS but just the beginning ASIAN, scares me haha i feel like this may be junk.

Not that im racist just some stuff comming from the shops in those areas are not very good.

Thanks, BTW if it helps 07 Charger

o god 07 charger huh? well the best alarm for that price would be a viper 350hv, and keep this in mind......if you EVER decide to do a remote start BE CAREFUL!!!! you have to reset the TCM(transmission control module) after programming the brain of the RS unit, or the cars automatic transmission will not work. good luck

if you want to step up to an all in one unit for remote start, keyless and alarm, i would do compustar, expensive....but the best out there, as for a cheap unit.......the cheapest i can think of will good quality would be a viper 791xv

well remote start would just be nice during this cold time, so if you dont think i should do it i wont.

cheap and alarms dont go together. you wont find **** for what your looking for, for under $400 off ebay. you need a bypass for the remote start. so save the money and get a good system. DEI and compustar are the best alarms you can buy, that asianwolf is junk. a nice car you have you dont want junk on it.

well remote start would just be nice during this cold time, so if you dont think i should do it i wont.
Im not saying dont do it, im saying be careful and make sure thats it done right. Yes the 791vx are great alarms. Installed one 3 days ago in a 2008 accord....good stuff

Im not saying dont do it, im saying be careful and make sure thats it done right. Yes the 791vx are great alarms. Installed one 3 days ago in a 2008 accord....good stuff
What method did you do for door locks on this, did you use the factory re-arm?

Edit: Why do you have to reset the tcm? Never have i done this, and i crank out 2-3 per week using a viper 160xv, parking lights in the passenger kick, and an xk03. Hella quick install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.